This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• previous closed thread on the subject

Which one? Do you have a link? I saw one from 9 years ago, which understandably should be closed.

• It's my fault. A man came here mouthing off as if we know nothing and I rudely pointed out that he was 10 days late and needed to get up to speed. I received an email that I was rude and the thread was closed. I don't think that means it was erased. Just closed to further comment. People who comment like that are annoying asking you to repost everything. He clearly hadn't read all the responses.

• I finished up with the email support back-and-forth and got the same response as others here so I'm standing by for the "imminent" patch update. Hey while we wait we can discuss tips on how to situate the charging cable just right to allow for reliable data transfers on Garmin Express -- Don't jiggle it and nobody move!

• Having same issue... Garmin Connect works on my Samsung S20+ but won't work with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6...? Have tried EVERYTHING..! Disappointed

• Don't fret, Garmin is fixing this. I bet they have giant carboys of coffee to help. I wonder how this happened. It seems careless. At least your watch will hold plenty of data but you can get it to work. Some folks have a tablet and no smart phone.

• I'm starting to think that the "fix" was to intentionally stop tablets from working.  It's been 2 weeks!  How long could it possibly take.  It's not like tablets are that different from a phone.  They all run current versions of Android

• Unless the app was intentionally broken by a disgruntled worker who then quit. Or something. We don't know how this happened. The software is very complex as you know and yes the architecture differences between phones and tablets require compensation in the software. I know enough about this to be fairly sure that it isn't intentional on Garmin's part as this mistake has cost them good will that has built up over years. However they should be making a public statement and that they haven't after 13 days makes them look bad.

• Mine was working fine on the Android app, then after update will not connect to phone.  This watch is the worse, had to have replacements several times.  Seems more trouble than it's worth. (vivomove3s) I've tried all suggestions, nothing helps. 

• Does Garmin look at these community forums? It has been 2 weeks since it broke the Connect app on tablets. Why we cannot have an update to tell us what is going on, or better still a fixed app,  is beyond belief.

• Sometimes they do respond and facilitate a resolution, but there is no guarantee. This is why we always recommend contacting Garmin Product Support, as some have mentioned doing.