This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• I spoke with customer support today and they advised that there is a known problem with pairing to Android tablets.   He said that a fix is in play and will be resolved with the next update,  which is imminent. I can pair with my Android cell phone and am temporarily using it to sync with my watches.   Once synced with the cell the data uploads to my tablet whenever it syncs. 

• That is good news. I transfer to my computer and the info comes up on GC on my tablet.

• Call center confirmed today that iPads are also affected, this is an architecture problem.

• The latest app 4.75 has broken it working on my Android tablet too, so doubt it's yours.  No changes to my setup for years, it just worked, now broken - bluetooth pairs, and my Edge 25 says it's paired with the tablet, but adding the device fails as it cannot connect. 

Paired first time, and worked first time on my phone though, but that's not where I want it.

• Garmin Watch will not connect to Galaxy Tablet since 2pm, Sunday, February 4, 2024. Days wasted to try to fix. Very irritated!

• Samsung tablet users- myself included- are definitely impacted disproportionately

Fingers crossed for a fix - been well over a week now...

• Android users are affected proportionately to their numbers. iPads are mostly an American thing. They are half of the American tablet market.  Worldwide they are 20 to 25%. This software problem affects all tablets. 

• I had a chat session with a Garmin tech yesterday.  Went through the usual steps to get my Forerunner 45 watch to pair with my Samsung tablet, none of which worked.  I asked about the 4.75 software issue and after a long pause while he checked he came back to say this is an issue with that software and an update is in work.  I am to be notified when the update is available.  

• I had a chat session with a Garmin tech yesterday.  Went through the usual steps to get my Forerunner 45 watch to pair with my Samsung tablet, none of which worked.  I asked about the 4.75 software issue and after a long pause while he checked he came back to say this is an issue with that software and an update is in work.  I am to be notified when the update is available.  

• 4.75 still broken on my tablet, still have to use 4.74.1 from untrusted source, very upset with garmin

and I've noticed more of the reviews on the google play store for the garmin app have reported problems from tablets vs phones, though some phones are still affected

no garmin has not fixed it yet despite the previous closed thread on the subject

have to wonder if one of their main devs just suddenly quit and left them in disarray