This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• Same problems as well 

• Same problems as well my fenix and epix won't connect everything used to connect to my tablet 

• Yeah, I tried to connect a vivosmart 5 to a Samsung galaxy tab A9+ and a lenovo m10 2nd gen and couldn't get past the pairing code. Tried bluetooth cache clean, resetting, reinstalling etc no change. Connected to my Galaxy S22 without problem first try. Seems like a tablet problem with the Bluetooth interface, the tablet would actually pair, but connect would recognise the issue. 

• Yeah, I tried to connect a vivosmart 5 to a Samsung galaxy tab A9+ and a lenovo m10 2nd gen and couldn't get past the pairing code. Tried bluetooth cache clean, resetting, reinstalling etc no change. Connected to my Galaxy S22 without problem first try. Seems like a tablet problem with the Bluetooth interface, the tablet would actually pair, but connect would recognise the issue. 

• My watches won't connect to my Samsung galaxy tablet at all ,but have no problems connecting to my Samsung phone ,tried everything all was working fine up till about a week ago 

• Samsung tablet users are definitely reporting the most problems - mine won't work with 4.75, but my phone (also a Samsung) is fine

• My Vivosmart 4 suddenly stopped syncing with my Android (version 13) tablet on 1/31/24.  I removed it to try it again and now it can't be added back on my account.  I also had the same trouble with a Vivosmart HR and a vivofit.  All wouldn't let me sync and when I removed them, I couldn't re-add them.  I also tried adding them on two other Android tablets and nothing worked.  I also removed and reinstalled Garmin Connect and I even tried setting up a new Garmin Connect account and tried it again, but nothing would work.

Moderator: merged your thread with the main thread.

• I am experiencing the same problem.  IQ will still connect to my 255 but Garmin Connect stopped when I last updated Connect on my tablet.  I hope this isn't an attempt to force you to use your phone.  Because it that's the case I'll be REALLY angry .... I'm thinking they may be doing this on purpose - to enable them to siphon much more personal data from their user base.  Most tablets stay at home and have no telecommunications data.....

• I spoke with the Olathe call center today at about 2pm Eastern.I was told that all tablets are broken, not just Android. I think this was just a colossal error and there's no evil intent. However they should have been more careful. The man said they are working on a fix.

It should have been a simple matter to revert to the previous version but oh well. I got mine working on my 4 year old LG phone on Android 8. If a new release doesn't use 8 and is still broken on tablets I'm sunk and woulddemanda refund. On the phone I have BT and Wi-Fi off and am simply uploading data twice a day via Wi-Fi.  I use my phone with hearing aids and I don't dare do anything to compromise the hearing connectivity.  Bluetooth is not nearly as robust as people want it to be. My watch is basically an expensive toy in that it isn't necessary for life but my hearing aids are essential. 

• I spoke with customer support today and they advised that there is a known problem with pairing to Android tablets.   He said that a fix is in play and will be resolved with the next update,  which is imminent. I can pair with my Android cell phone and am temporarily using it to sync with my watches.   Once synced with the cell the data uploads to my tablet whenever it syncs.