This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
    • Suddenly can not access Garmin Connect on my Samsung Galaxy S8 cell phone..
  • I cannot find the functions of play or the next/previous song neither in watch, nor in mobile nor in laptop. Where is it hidden?

• Attempting to sync my 6s pro solar to update my downloads. It will sync 10% and then download fails. I need to keep going through the process to finally update everything. 

• Spotify 'update downloads' continues to fail the sync over my home wifi. I have tried to do it over mobile hotspot and till no joy. It takes so long to get to 10% and then fails again. I have a 6s pro solar, using an iphone 8s. 

• So, this thread was started over a year ago and I'm having the exact same issue with my brand new $1000 Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire. Pretty ridiculous that it can't even sync a few songs to the watch. It will get one or two songs over to the watch and then fail. Then a couple more songs and then fail. Then it will fail without adding any additional songs. When I try to sync podcasts, it just sits at 0% for an eternity. This is using a very expensive Orbi router that all my other devices connect to just fine. I have very high bandwidth with no other devices having any kind of connection issues. The watch can't connect at all to my work wifi despite being the correct frequency due to a reported DHCP problem, although every other device on earth connects just fine. I guess I'll try using my phone as a wifi hotspot since some users report this works. Very surprised that such an expensive device still has a problem that existed over a year ago. Garmin obviously doesn't care about improving their products. Most of the other features on the watch work great, but I'm very disappointing in the music as it would be very nice to go for a run without my phone bouncing around in my pocket or strapped to my arm. I managed to get a couple songs on my watch between two different playlists and for some reason it only played one song and then stopped. I couldn't get it to play more than just one song in each playlist. 

What is happening explained above

Google Pixel 4XL

Headphones work fine, music transfer is the issue

Device listed above

Spotify has never worked correctly, but I've only had the watch for a week or so.

This happens any time I try to sync Spotify, I haven't tried to transfer audio files (MP3s)

There is no captive portal at home or work, home wifi has a password, work does not. It does not connect at all at work and transfers fail at home

Software version 15.20 (97f96aa) - recently updated.

I do not have a vivoactive 4.

• I have a brand new  Vivoactive 3. The music controls don't work. Sound control for Spotify ok, but no skip, pause etc 

• I'm using 245 Music. From yesterday, all downloaded music is disappeared. And now I cannot sync Spotify playlist to my Garmin. 

• I finally got my sync working using hotspot from phone.

My device: Fenix 6 pro. It used to work correctly before for a year, with several different WiFis. Suddenly all failed.

I tried several Wi-Fis (disabling 5ghz, changed configurations, created new public wifis etc.). None of these really helped. Sometimes got 1% more. After fully freezing, rebooting helped to get next %.

Also, my first trial to use hotspot did no good. Maybe it was rebooting, or maybe setting wifis from app - I think it is worth to test if Wi-Fi works by using Garming connect app. From watch, it said everything was ok, well it was not. When phone stated it was ok, it started to work..

Solution: If Garmin really does nothing to help for such critical issue, after>1 year of reporting, change brand :(

• If you mostly use podcasts, Runcasts is the way to go.  After the free trial, it costs less than a third of the monthly price for a premium Spotify account and doesn't seem to suffer from anything like the same number of usability issues and bugs. I've been using it for a month now and not had any of the wifi issues I had with the Spotify app. Also, unlike with Spotify, where you need to manually sync podcasts, which takes ages even when it works, runcasts does that automatically and can be configured from the web.  So much better.

It's something that a sole developer, quite possible working from his bedroom, can write better code than a whole team of Spotify and Garmin engineers, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars but there you are. 

• I was strungly this morning to get the sync working for the first time and though I was doing something wrong, but no I just chose the wrong brand. I couldn't believe from this thread that this issue is going over a year already after tons of marketing from Garmin boosting the music feature, such an imconpentent company.