This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • Sync is at 0%, nothing happens.

Oppo F11 Pro.

245 Music.

Last friday, March 28 before I installed an update which kind of wiped the watch and Spotify seemed to have been uninstalled. Had to connect/ authorize again via the app. Started syncing my playlist, plugged the watch into a power supply (at this time it was at like 30%) but then failed. The authorization and download part were buggy and took a lot of tries until it worked.

Hasn't came past 0% sync since that.

Neither playlists or podcasts sync.

Using private WiFi.

Nothing changes when I plug it into power. 

• We would recommend going into your device settings within the Garmin Connect Mobile app, then selecting Music and Spotify to check for an update. A new version (1.3.24) has been released that we believe should resolve this issue you are describing. 

• I got the update 2 days ago, and almost threw my watch in the street today out of frustration. Turns out, I'm not alone.

• What is happening? Playlist downloaded (before update), but music will not play when I hit the play button. The track is there, but nothing happens when I press play. Watch was connecting/disconnecting when I tried to use it last.
    • What kind of phone are you using? Samsung Galaxy S8
    • What kind of headphones are you using? Jabra Elite / Samsung Buds
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 4S
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Brand new watch - nothing is working
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? Unknown - only one playlist downloaded
    • Are you using Public WiFi? No
    • What software version is on your Device? Newest updates on all fronts
    • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? Yes
  • Installed update 1.3.25 today. Still can't sync playlists. However, previously I was stuck at 0% but now I just get the message "syncing failed"...

• Latest updates to Spotify have fixed the issue for me. Vivoactive 4 / Pixel 2XL. Thanks!

• I cant get to my praivet playlist. Sins u get spotifay in my phone.

I dont want to use spotifay just want my regaler playlist that i put on my wach in unown librery.  And i cant useit becose it asced for spotifay a acaunt. I hope u will solve dhis prob.

Oren

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.) - Either it stays at 0% for extended time, says sync failed or says unable to connect to wifi
    • What kind of phone are you using? Pixel 2xl
    • What kind of headphones are you using? jlab
    • What Garmin Device do you have? forerunner 945
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? months ago
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? no
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) - no, home wifi with password
    • What software version is on your Device? - 1.3.25
    • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? no
    • Getting a 'sync failed' message when I try to sync music from Spotify
    • Pixel 4
    • Jabra SPORT PACE Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
    • Forerunner 945
    • 2 weeks ago
    • No, I can't sync anything from Spotify
    • No, I'm on my home wi-fi
    • No
  •  

• I get a sync failed message when trying to sync from Spotify. The watch can see my updated playlists and podcasts. I select anything to sync and it connects to wi-fi.  Shows the 0% synced message for a few moments and then the sync failed message.
    • Pixel 4
    • Jabra Sport Pace Wireless Earbuds
    • Forerunner 945
    • ~2 weeks ago
    • No, I can't sync anything from Spotify
    • No, I'm on home wi-fi
    • No
  • My watchfaces won't stay on my watch