This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • You must be only on the 2.4Ghz band on your router.  IF you are using a mesh system you must deactivate the 5Ghz band.  This has worked for me everytime and everyone I have suggested it to.  It is also in your user manual. 

• Samsung Jstar, vivo active 4 s . Fails during download of 1st playlist.  40 song playlist and have managed to get 5 songs downloaded.  Keeps hanging up at approx. 10%. Tried changing my Orbi mesh router to 2.4GHz only, but same thing happens.  The 5 songs play ok, but need more downloaded.....

• Randomly fails syncing, taking over an hour to download a 39 song playlist

• thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried this and no improvement. Also tried a different network to no avail.

• I’ve been dealing with this issue for almost a year. Exact same as everyone else. Has anyone found a fix yet? 

• Forerunner 645/M, with the Spotify app 1.4.6 (Jan 15, 2021) This is exactly what happens with me too.

I used my 645/M for six months or so, then almost two years ago, there was an update, and it has never worked properly since.  Always works, but only after three or four "sync fails" PITA 

• I cannot find the option to add spotify to my vivoactive 3 on iq

• I'm quite disappointed with garmin.. I still have problems with Spotify linking to garmin. This was one of the reasons I bought the watch. Now my watch had a blank unresponsive screen when I tried to link my earphones to it and play music. 

• 10 months since Garmin admitted a problem and started this thread and no fix?

I have a feeling someone is going to take them to a small claims court soon, win, and then the flood gates will open on refunding millions around the world... The bomb is ticking Garmin!

Wish I had known this before buying two weeks ago.

Fenix 5+ New - (Official Garmin refurbished)

Motorola G5s Plus

Home Wifi and Hotspot wi-fi same issue.

Spotify and Amazon music both same issue

Watch sits at 0% sync for a few minutes and then drops out as Sync failed.

FFS Fix it!