This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • Guys .. you have to be 100% certain that you are ONLY on 2.4Ghz.  I turned the 5Ghz signal on my router OFF and problem solved, Spotify 115 songs playlist took about 25 mins. 

• Garmin vivoactive4, switching on spotify, message on the watch - open Garmin connect and log on to Spotify, but nothing happens neither in Garmin connect neither in Garmin connect IQ

• Huawei to vivoactive 3. First attempt to download I get an incorrect password error. Then second attempt it starts to download. Usually freezes before 100% and then I get a sync failed message. Really annoying as it's the only reason I purchased the product. Not worked correctly for a week or so now. Was working fine before

• You MUST be only on 2.4ghz band on your router. If you have both bands 2.4 and 5.0 it causes this exact issue. 

This was happening to me until I checked the manual. Most IoT devices experience this.

Hope this helps.

• Looks to have sorted it! Thanks so much! 

• For the benefit of other people, be aware that if you turn your 5GHz band off this may significantly slow down your wifi for everything else, especially if you have lots of neighbours nearby or have a fast broadband connection.  
    This is *not* something that most IoT devices experience; it's a bug by Garmin. I have several other IoT devices and they all cope fine with the modern wifi standards. 

One workaround is to setup a separate network for your IoT devices, which is good practice anyway.  That is, you can setup one network for your work devices, video streaming, gaming etc, and another network with a different identifier for your IoT. Not all routers allow this but most these days allow you to setup at least a 'guest' network (although again be aware that if you regularly have guests this will slow them down too or give access to your IoT to your guests). 

• Yes this is true, but for MOST people they just want a quick solution.  This is it.  Turn off the 5Ghz for the 30 mins you are working on your Venue.  Unless you are on the slowest wifi cx there will be almost NO NOTICEABLE impact to any of your other devices. 

Also many IoT devices only have the 2.4Ghz radio to save on cost (pre 2019ish) which cause an issue especially in Mesh networks which combine 2.4 and 5.0.  

This has been discussed throughout the internet. Not being argumentative just stating the facts as many people do not understand how important it is that all the aspects need to work together. 

• Spotify sync failed

Huawei Honor 10

??

Venu Sq

Has never worked on my watch.  On phone Spotify works splendidly - so not a Spotify issue

I have tried download several playlists from Spotify - each time the sync fails

No - using password secure network at home

Venu Sq

• Spotify sync failed

Huawei Honor 10

??

Venu Sq

Has never worked on my watch.  On phone Spotify works splendidly - so not a Spotify issue

I have tried download several playlists from Spotify - each time the sync fails

No - using password secure network at home

Venu Sq