This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)
  • What kind of phone are you using?
  • What kind of headphones are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • What software version is on your Device?
  • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 
  • trying to playback music on Garmin 4s

iphone 6s

Titanium Aftershokz

Garmin 4s

Works on my computer but never on my watch as I just purchased a few weeks ago

?

My home WiFi

Version 4.70

Just says Garmin Vivoactive 4s

• Trying to listen to playlists i downloaded from Spotify and it is stated "incorrect password"  I changed password on Spotify.  What is the "fix" for  this as I need to listen to music to run with and invested too much money on watch and headphones to not be able to listed to music.

• trying to playback music on Garmin 4s

iphone 6s

Titanium Aftershokz

Garmin 4s

Works on my computer but never on my watch as I just purchased a few weeks ago

?

My home WiFi

Version 4.70

Just says Garmin Vivoactive 4s

• My AirPods will connect to my 245Music but It won’t play music and I can’t go into the library to change playlists (it’s sort of glitched)

I have an iPhone X.

The last time Spotify worked I had actually synced a different set of head phones (Bose) to the watch. Since then it’s had the library glitch.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Not able to synchr. Playlists. Stays at 0% and warns synchr. Not sucessful. Or error.

• I get no information the last 2 days 

• What is happening? (e.g. failing during setup, sync failure, playback failure, etc.)

"Syncing Spotify, 0% complete" for about a minute or two, progress not increasing. Then, the watch screen says "Sync failed." I noticed I'm also unable to remove old Spotify playlists from my watch. It will sit on the "removing" progress screen for 10+ minutes (I exit out). 

• What kind of phone are you using?

Iphone 6s

• What kind of headphones are you using?

Plantronics wireless headphones

• What Garmin Device do you have?

Garmin Forerunner 645/music

• When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?

More than 6 months ago. 

• Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?

No, seems to happen for multiple playlists. 

No, home wifi. 

• What software version is on your Device?

• Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? 

No.

• What is happening? Sync failure
    • What kind of phone are you using?  Apple iPhone 11 Pro
    • What kind of headphones are you using?  Have never used any - just purchased fenix 6s Sapphire and downloaded Spotify App - not working
    • What Garmin Device do you have?  fenix 6s Sapphire
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?  Never
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?  trying to sync playlist from Spotify
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)  No
    • What software version is on your Device?  10.10 (476d6a6)
    • Do you have a vivoactive 4 (Hero Series or Saga Series) device? No
  • Watch: Fenix 6 pro, Phone: Huawei p20, Headset: Jaybird vista, Software 10.10, wi-fi : only private networks

I have been having the same syncing issues for several months now. I have a Fenix 6 pro and I get a "sync failed" after several seconds on 0% sync and that is happening every time I am trying to add playlists. I have re-installed Spotify, Garmin connect and Connect IQ a dozens of times now, with no luck. The only time that I managed to sync a playlist was right after a software update (10.10). But I wasn't lucky enough cause when I tried to add a second playlist the sync failed again right after (date: 15.07.2020)

* the watch was charged and close to wi-fi router for all sync attempts 

I am very disappointed with the performance of the music feature on my Garmin and I believe that it is unacceptable for the pricetag of the smartwatch. I hope that you can solve this issue ASAP. 

• Failure to connect to wifi when uploading Playlist. Error code 0200. Samsung Note 9. Huawei headphones. Fenix 6. Spotify works on the phone but has not uploading to watch.