This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The GPS on my Forerunner 45s won't work.

When attempting to start GPS tracking for mileage on my Forerunner 45s, I can't get passed the 'Wait for GPS' screen. It won't start. Then after a long period of time, the screen will just say "auto save" and return to clock face. I have only had this watch for 8 months. The problem began sporadically last month, but now the GPS won't work at all.

• return this device

• return this device

Not sure what your local consumer laws are, but in EU any retailer is obliged to offer 2 years warranty on electronics. You can also contact Garmin support.

• I have the same issue with my Forrunner45 and I have done all of the required steps indicated above. MY EPO is Called CPE and is showing as Current. My watch as been on Wait for GPS for over an hour now... the circle going from big to small but never green... any other suggestions as to what is going on?

• Try deleting the file and sycning with Express again. Before doing so, clean up also old files from the folder //GARMIN/Activitty - it is possible there is not enough room on the storage and the EPO file is incomplete / corrupted. 

• Hi everyone,

Has any of the suggestions mentioned worked for any of you?

Purchased my 45s on March 2020 and it worked fine in the first weeks, however in the last weeks I am only getting the Waiting GPS message, and if I wait long enough (i.e. 5 minutes) the watch will start a Battery saving countdown on the screen.

If I start running without the GPS, eventually the GPS will pick up. On my last run, GPS signal picked up from km 5, very annoying.

I tried all the below, but I am still not getting GPS signal (will contact Garmin directly but thought that would be a simple solution online):

- //GARMIN/Activities: I have emptied this folder

- //GARMIN/REMOTESW/: Every time I sync on Garmin express, the file inside this folder is updated (file name: CPE.BIN)

- Using Garmin express I get the message 'You're up to date Software version 3.60'

I have been a happy Tomtom user for years and just recently moved to Garmin following a friend's recommendation, but wioth just 3 months, have not had the happiest experience with my 45S.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue, please can you share in this thread?

Thanks

Caio

• Actually, after I posted this, and after having done the below, I went outside my house and GPS worked in a matter of seconds Slight smile

- //GARMIN/Activities: I have emptied this folder

- //GARMIN/REMOTESW/: Every time I sync on Garmin express, the file inside this folder is updated (file name: CPE.BIN)

- Using Garmin express I get the message 'You're up to date Software version 3.60'

• I got the same problem as you. Did you find the solution?
    Thanks in advance

• my forerunner 45 won't connect to GPS, it just gets stuck saying WAIT FOR GPS and after some time it quits this screen

• Probably the same issue as at others - Expired EPO on a Garmin Outdoor Watch  

Also make sure to make up some free space on the watch regularly by deleting files in the folder //GARMIN/Activity/, as suggested above

• thanks, I tried all the tricks already (delete files, reinstall app, sync, update, disable and enable gps), nothing works so I just gave up using the GPS