This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

garmin express can't be now disabled from launching at windows startup

hello

before the last update i could prevent garmin express to be launched at windows startup (in the general parameters)

now even if i uncheck the checkbox ot the general parameters, the program is launched at windows startup anyway.

why is it now impossible to prevent the automatic execution of the program?

• I'm not finding that to be the case on my Win 10 machine.  Using Task Manager, and the GE background function unchecked, GE is not listed.  If I start it, it appears in Task Manager as it should, then disappears when I exit the program.

• I'm not seeing that either, working fine

• this is not what i meant in the topic

my concern is:

when windows boots then garmin express loads automatically (it appears in the task manager, i can see the icon in the windows taskbar), and i don't want it to load automatically, if i dont need it i don't want it to load.

this beahavior was avoidable in the garmin express options, but not it is not anymore.

• what do you mean by "working fine".

in my case garmin express works fine too. this is not the problem i describe.

my concern is:
    when windows boots then garmin express loads automatically (it appears in the task manager, i can see the icon in the windows taskbar), and i don't want it to load automatically, if i dont need it i don't want it to load.

in the past i could change the options of garmin express to not let it launch automatically at windows startup

• AFAIK, the only setting that should affect this is " Always keep Garmin Express running in the background".  If that is unticked then you may need to research how to identify/disable startup programs for your OS version.  For Windows 10 it is a shortcut in the startup folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-which-apps-run-automatically-at-startup-in-windows-9115d841-735e-488d-e749-9ba301d441e6

• Some people are finding that GE is in the Windows Task Manager, specifically under “Startup” regardless of the native setting within GE.  It may be marked as “Enabled” and run at startup.  Right click it and select Disable if needed.

• (you got my question, thank you.)

before updating garmin express when i unticked "always keep garmin ... background" the program didn't launch automatically at windows startup.

after updating garmin express the same action doesn't work anymore...
    it's necessarily a garmin express problem and not a windows problem. i would like to fix the problem with garmin express because windows 7 and it doesnt have the startup tab in the task manager

• thank you, i have find how to access the startup (by opening msconfig)

it was in the startup list, but it shouldnt be here if i untick the correct option in the program...

• I have the same problem now since the recent update Disappointed

7.17.1.0, Windows 11

I used to be able to untick those boxes in the settings that meant it wouldn't load on startup. Unticking them doesn't work with this latest version

• We are looking into this, thank you for reporting.