Problems connecting to Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar with BaseCamp 4.7.4 since firmware update

I have noticed that recently, there have been reports that Basecamp is not working with the Fenix 7X since the recent firmware update, but both seem to have been closed so I cannot add my experiences.  I can confirm that this is also the case for me:

BaseCamp shows the Fenix 7X but the Internal Storage does not show any of my recorded tracks:

However, my old Epix from 2016 is still showing the tracks and waypoints as normal:

The Fenix 7X was working before the firmware update.  It looks as if the latest Fenix 7X firmware is not compatible with BaseCamp.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I can confirm this problem too. I bought a new Fenix 7 specifically because my old Fenix 5 had a burned out USB connection (I opened it and looked and one chip had a prominant burn mark on it even thought the watch worked OK except for the USB) and I was tired of working around that problem to transfer files to it from Basecamp via WiFi. (I disllke Explorer because of the fussiness and uncertainty of its Syncing process) So I got a new Fenix 7x Solar (OK, the extra battery life and touch screen did play a part in the decision...) and tested it against Basecamp and as far as I remember it initially worked fine. Then a few months ago I started to get that same "Problem Communicating with Garmin Device Fenix 7..." 

I could still apparently transfer files from Basecamp but they ended up on the Fenix 7 in Garmin/GPX and although I could see them in Basecamp I couldn't see them when using the watch.

I suspect there is some issue with the files not being converted to .fit files and placed in Garmin/Courses on the watch.... I suppose one could do this manually... but it would be better to have the bug fixed properly.

• Issue is still here with updated Basecamp 4.7.5.

• Issue is still here with updated Basecamp 4.7.5.

The software fix will be on the watch side. I cannot make any guarantee since timelines change but the Q2 2023 official update coming soon might resolve the issue. Engineering continues to work on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

• Merci Chris pour le suivi, j'attends avec impatience de pouvoir réutiliser Base Camp avec ma Fenix

• Thanks.

I wanted to update thread and other users about new basecamp and this issue.

• I joined the beta program just to see if the latest beta update (13.15) fixed this problem and it appears to have done so. I can see my courses and tracks on the watch, in Basecamp and I can transfer tracks from Basecamp to the Fenix 7x again. Woot! Thanks to the bug-finders, reporters and fixers!

It was a bit rough though, because suddenly there were a lot more courses on the watch than I'd expected. So many that I got a "Maximum number of courses, some not imported" warning.

Not sure where they all came from and I can't delete them using Basecamp. (I remember this problem from before... I have to delete them on the watch. Sheesh, what a pain! Maybe I can delete them via Garmin Explore.. Oh No! When I connected the watch to Explore it tried to sync all the new tracks! Aaaargh!.)

Anyway, looking at the new tracks, a lot of them are very short track segments and they do not appear in my Basecamp collection, just on the watch. They are probably 'real' in the sense that they appear to be from where I would run or walk, but they are too short to be 'real' tracks that I recorded. Dunno.... Anyway, got rid of them in Explore then synced the watch and they are outa there.

• Hey buddy, can you share that firmware file wi the me ? I’m having the same issue as you. 

• Hey  can you please share the Fenix firmware 10.44 or 10.43 ? I have an event coming up in a week, I know my Fenix works fine on those two firmwares, can pleas help me go back to those firmwares ?

Currently I’m stuck in 11.28 with this bug and also the terrible reboot bug when downloading large outdoor maps content. 

• I think it should be in this link below.. 

If you download the 11.28 beta files, there should be a backdate file to 10 44 there... 

All the best. 

forums.garmin.com/.../beta-version-11-28

• I got them autoloaded from Garmin. Search for beta 13.15 or 13.16 now I think. Good luck with your event!