Garmin Tread recognized by Garmin Express but not in Garmin Basecamp

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro updated to the latest OS Monetary 12.5.1. I have the latest version of Garmin Express 7.13.2.0 and Garmin Basecamp 4.8.12. When I plug in my Garmin Tread Garmin Express recognizes it right away and I am able to do updates. But my Tread is never visible in Garmin Basecamp. I have a Nuvi 52 that successfully connects to both Garmin Express and Garmin Basecamp. Also, when the Tread is connected to the Mac, should I be able to see it as an external drive? If so, I do not see it as a USB drive but I do when I connect my Nuvi 52.

As a test I installed Garmin Express and Basecamp on an old Windows laptop I have and the Tread connects successfully connects with both Garmin Express and Basecamp.

I have tried the only solution I could find regarding this which was to NOT run Garmin Express at the same time as Basecamp with no luck

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

• Short answer, no. But I am not sure what I am supposed to do with this. So I downloaded it and installed it but not sure if it works like a driver or it is something I have to run?

Anyways after installing it I rebooted the Mac and then connected the Tread and started Garmin Express. Then I got this message about Android File Transfer Must Close.

But I still could not see it as a USB drive or in Basecamp even thought it was recognized in Garmin Express.

So then I tried to start Android File Transfer and I got this message.

So nothing has changed. Am I doing something wrong with this?

Thanks,

• Try this instead then https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=ufgaLgXyiX2eSZfAsQhdu7

Newer devices may not work with BaseCamp, the Tread may be one of them. See 

forums.garmin.com/.../discontinued

If the FAQ doesn't help then try calling Product Support. 

• OK, called support and they got me going. 

First you cannot have Garmin Express and Garmin Basecamp running at the same time. So start Garmin Express and go to preferences and uncheck "Always keep Garmin Express running in the background" and "Automatically launch Garmin Express when a Garmin Device is connected". Then go into Activity Monitor and force close Garmin Express. The tech did mention to use Garmin Express to update maps verses wifi so you know you will not have problems with the maps. And to make sure that you check the maps to make sure they are displaying fine after updating and before you go on your next ride.

It is possible that the above will fix your problem. If not, support had me do this. From the main screen, press the volume button 

on the right side of the main screen. Then there is a black bar at the top, on the top right corner, touch and hold for a few seconds and a Diagnostics Page will appear.

Click "Configuration and Settings",

then "MTP Settings",

and check "Show .System enabled" and back out to the volume settings.

Then when I connected my Tread, I could see it in Garmin Basecamp. Note: that it seems to take about a minute or two before my Tread shows up in Garmin Base camp. The connection screen on the Garmin will show as soon as the cable is connected. Then about 30 seconds in, the screen will go black for a second and the connection screen will show again and a few seconds after that is the the Garmin Tread will show in the "My Garmin Devices" in Garmin Basecamp.

Also, I get an Alert message pop up (shown below) "There was a problem communicating with the Garmin device". I click "OK" to close it but my Tread stays connected and appears to work just fine.