This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• I've had the some sort of thing on facebook. Messaged them saying 'I've just updated my maps and now have this problem' and the first thing they do is ask for my serial number, what software version is on my device, and what maps are enabled on my device. Then they send me a link to how to update your maps. 

• It's not the maps on the device that are the issue, it's using them with BaseCamp.  If you had the earlier map installed to BaseCamp it'll still be there unless you deleted it.

• I’m using CN 2020.30

• Rach

If you are in basecamp you will see an icon along the top called maps click on it and if you haven't deleted the previous versions you should see the previous versions just click on a previous one, i am using 2020.2 and all fine with it.

regards Graham

• i know that now but that is what Garmin support on facebook told me when I first reported the problem! I always used the maps from my device not my computer so actually they won't be on my back up. Any idea how to go back to a previous version in that case? 

• Ah just seen this! Thanks, sadly the only one I have is from 2013!! Seems to be working though so let's hope not too much has changed! I have emailed Garmin support official so hopefully will get a similar response and then will be informed when they have sorted this.

• Just updated to CN Aus/NZ 2021.1 and I now have the BC straight-line issue!! Luckily I have the previous map to go back to.

• blimey it good that we share with our cousins in Australia!!! garmin need to improve their testing but doubt they will as still no solution to this or the 3D issues.

• I was REALLY worried as I had updated two devices to the new map before I found the problem with BC. I thought that they may have been bricked but they still seem to calculate routes properly. I can’t believe that these maps escaped the Garmin testing process (if they have a testing process!).

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Me too.  In faffing about with it, Changing "Detail" setting on map seems to have an effect on what happens.  Haven't done a rigours test but noticed it a few times.