This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• "So long..." was my last statement ;-)

anyway, I'll keep you posted...

• well I am still trying to explain to garmin product support (possibly UK) what the issues are and all they seem to do is ask silly questions. After explaining the problem and what OS I have, basecamp 4.8.7 and map I got asked to give the the serial number of the devise and whether if I disconnect the devise it makes any difference. they also ask for screenshots of the routing for the 2020.3 and 2020.2 showing straight line on the first and correct road route on second along with some other questions. So I do this and send it all across except for the devise info as pointless. 

Today I get an email that says

Thank you for your email. What routing preference do you have set? Have you tried switching to the other map version available in Basecamp? 

I answered the first question and then asked if they had even read my previous email as why would they ask the second question when they have screen shots which show a map route for 2020.2 good, and 2020.3 bad, beyond a joke now.

Frustrated of Winskill

• Garmin's customer service is terribly bad. Hopefully this will someday get better ...

• It's generally very good, but occasionally you get someone who doesn't understand the issue.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Midlife_Crisis_

Update - I completed the form to notify an issue on the Garmin website, have exchanged three emails with Garmin support, sent a set of screen shots, sent a couple of GPX files, and Anthony and Jack decided I wasn't a total idiot and have taken up the issue. The final response received yesterday was:

We have added you into an open investigation which will be used to determine the cause of this issue. Using the information provided they will test and reach a suitable resolution which will then be supplied to you directly by email.

We cannot provide a time frame for this process as it depends on what is discovered during the investigation and what is required to resolve the issue.

Any updates will come to you directly via email as an affected user of this case.

So ... I'm not holding my breath but at least they've taken it seriously, and I did highlight that there were other people in similar situations on the forum so this isn't just my mac or me being an idiot. 

For info the references on my case are as follows if anyone wants to quote them to Garmin. Mapping <Q#:1000101> <<Reference ID: 15766845K0 >>

• after exactly the same, asking the same question over and over I have got this.

"Thank you for sending that information, I have added you into an open investigation which will be used to determine the cause of this issue. Using the information provided they will test and reach a suitable resolution which will then be supplied to you directly by email.

We cannot provide a time frame for this process as it depends on what is discovered during the investigation and what is required to resolve the issue.

Any updates will come to you directly via email as an affected user of this case."

seems that Garmin have at least got a template for us to wait for an answer.

Graham

• I have the same problem with the same setup save the nav device is a BMW Navigator VI.  I have clean installed Basecamp and Express (removing all Garmin related system files, preference files, caches etc.).  Reinstalled City Navigator Europe 2020.30 on the Mac via Express and ensured the correct (routable) map is selected when recalculating or plotting a new route.  The result is a 'straight lined' route which does not change if you alter the activity for the entire route or individual legs of the route.

I set up the same environment on Windows running in Parallels on the Mac and everything works fine.  It does seem to be a problem with the Basecamp 4.8.7 on the Mac.

I have sent a video of the problem to Garmin support and after many email exchanges I have now been informed the problem has been 'escalated' to the status of "an open investigation" in which further testing will take place and a resolution should then be forthcoming.

Let's hope. 

• lbonney

well they have been told this now for about 9 days so they should be someway to solving it though nothing has been done about the 3D view problem so will wait and see.

when you uninstalled and reinstall basecamp did you still keep your old routes?

Graham

• I performed a backup before I reinstalled Basecamp so I have my old routes.  I will not reinstall them until the problem I have has been fixed.

Les

• I received the exact same email from Garmin.  Let's hope there is now enough people that have reported this problem to get the issue resolved in a reasonable timeframe.