This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• I've just contacted Garmin support via e-mail, we'll see what's happening...

The 2020.30 map works fine on the device, but I'd like to do the route planning in BaseCamp on the same basis as the device is using for the guidance.

• I've got the exact same issue as @SwissDave, and having read this thread I agree that it's likely a map issue.

I had thought it to be a Catalina issue, but having just rolled back to Mojave and reinstalled Express and BC on a clean system, it's the 2020.30 map that's the common item, and BC still won't calculate a route.

FYI, I'm running a MacBook Pro, OSX Mojave, with the latest BC and Express with the 2020.30 maps. The same maps are on my zumo 396.

Ive got Time machine backups, so I will try reinstating my system as it was with an earlier map and see how it goes.

• I understand that but in the meantime I'd use the 2020.20 map on BC and send it to your device, you'll probably be told it was created on a different map and be asked if you want to recalculate, but reply no and see if there are any significant changes.  Unless you're going through an area where there have been lots all should be well.  Hopefully if Garmin get enough calls about the issue it will be resolved, but unlikely before the next planned map issue.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 1808257

Having wasted about six hours of my life that I will never get back through downloading, installing, uninstalling, rebooting (repeat until bored) .... it's nice to know it isn't just me and it's the 2020.3 map that seems to have screwed up all of our macs! I will report to Garmin as well as the more complaints they get the more likely they are to sort it.

I have routed using the 2020.1 map still installed and uploaded to the device. The device recalculates the route every time you go into trip planner anyway, and it seems to do so perfectly well, so there isn't a problem with that it's just extremely frustrating when trying to route plan on Basecamp. Hopefully Garmin will sort it out pronto.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to SUSSAMB

Are you using a mac when you're creating routes on 2020.3. If not it may just be a mac issue. If you are using a mac .... well .... the map gods must just be angry with some of us! Grin

• No, I'm on a PC so it's definitely a mac/2020.30 map issue Slight smile

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to SUSSAMB

Thanks for clarifying. Well us mac users are "special" and companies like Microsoft and Garmin do like to put us in our place from time to time. Joy

• definitely a mac issue  (so we are special) with garmin as it is also the issue with 3d map view linked to basecamp 4.8.7. However went onto garmin product support through facebook and got this reply!!!!  

"I am sorry to hear about these issues Graham, can you please confirm the software version of Garmin Express and a screenshot of any error messages that appear so we can look into this further. -Craig"

I politely explained that it is not express there is no error message and asked them to read my message to them again and two help solve the problem, waiting with baited breadth.

Graham

• Thanks for letting us know Can you update this thread with any pertinent info? Would like to have it documented here if possible.

• Hi there of course I will and am living in hope that they will do something about it, makes you wonder if it worth upgrading basecamp and maps!