This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp doesn't calculate any routes

Unfortunately all the threads I've read don't fix the problem I've got with BaseCamp.

• BC Version 4.8.7
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
  • Map: City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3, Version 23.30, installed on the Mac
  • GPS: Zümo 390LM

I'm trying to plan a route, but the calculation window only appears so quick, that I even can't read any status message in the window.

The route calculation seems not to work, only straight lines between waypoints or route points as a result.

Any ideas on this issue?

Many Thanks!

• Yes, but are you sure you've selected the correct map?  If so open the route properties.  Select a different driving profile and hit recalculate.  If you're still then getting straight lines, uninstall then reinstall BaseCamp. I assume as part of your process you've closed BC and rebooted your Mac?

• yes, selected the correct map and also re-installed BaseCamp and rebooted computer, all done, but here's the breaking news:

I just installed an older version of the map on my mac (see screen shot below), and with this version everything works fine :-/

Version 23.10 works, version 23.30 doesn't. Strange, isn't it? Thus there must be an issue with the map version 23.30?

• It's not the map.  I've just successfully created routes all around the area you've provided screenshots for, using the 2020.30, so why it's not working for you I'm now at a loss to understand.  You could try running JaVaWa's GMTK tool, which will identify what maps you have installed and whether any have any errors http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html

• Hi SwissDave

I have exactly the same problem but not the split map I only get  straight routes if using 2020.3 even if I use motorcycle, motorcycle curl, driving. I have had to go back and use the 2020.2 map which works perfectly, another *** up by garmin along with the 3d issue which has still not been solved. 

Graham

• I also have the same problem - installed the new maps and basecamp shows straight lines only between via points rather than following roads as it did before - also doesn't calculate times either. You can use an earlier map and it works as before but dont know if you can use  the earlier map on your device?

• Looked at my BMW Nav V - you cant switch back to the previous map version. Looks like we will have to wait for garmin to solve the problem

• Hi 1808257

no I was using the old map on basecamp not tried it on the sat nav though never thought about it. still peed off about the 3d maps not working since 4.8.7 and now this.

Graham

• Everybody on a Mac and 2020.30 have the same problems. No routing.

And javawa software is not working on a 64 bit Mac anymore.

• Thank you guys, that would have been my last question I wanted to ask @SUSSAMB whether you are working on a mac or a pc ;-).

So it seems that I've got to go and find a way to get the 2020.2 map somewhere and try and put it onto the Zumo.
    Does anybody have experience with that?

And another important question: does Garmin know about this issue out of this thread, or does somebody have to tell them?

• If it is a mac issue you'd do better reporting it to Garmin Product Support, rather than rely on anyone reading this thread.  BaseCamp development team doesn't exist anymore as far as I'm aware, the last man out contacted me well over a year ago now.  Garmin only throw resources at it if there is a problem that they are aware of, there is no 'development' as such.

As for installing the 2020.20 map, if you keep back ups you can simply put it back, if not then you could use BaseCamp to send the map as you have it on your mac?  I'm not sure though why you would wish to, or is the 2020.30 map also not working on your device?