Film Testing Priority October

Please if you can ride anything from Australia or NewZealand & give some feedback

T2068.64 049_Alpine Way Climb - Dead Horse Gap (Australia)
T2068.63 023_Lake Hume Loop 2 (Australia)
T2068.62 023_Lake Hume Loop 1 (Australia)
T2068.61 015_Mt_Buffalo (Australia)
T2068.60 025_Border Loop 2 (Australia)
T2068.59 025_Border Loop 1 (Australia)
T2068.58 014_Mt Hotham (Australia)
T2068.57 017_Lake Mountain (Australia)
T2068.50 048_To_Isengard (New Zealand)
T2068.49 036 Taramakau Valley (New Zealand)
T2068.48 018 Tongariro Volcano (New Zealand)
T2068.47 039 Lake Pukaki to Mt Cook Village (New Zealand)
T2068.46 024 Otago Peninsula (New Zealand)
T2068.45 029 Taylor Redwood Pass (New Zealand)
T2068.44 002 Karioi Classic (New Zealand)
T2068.43 068 Kaikoura (New Zealand)
  • Will add that from all the NZ films I personally feel 039 Lake Pukaki  (New Zealand) is my favorite looking film from the OZ/NZ collection & I really wished they had filmed more in this area. Really its the final 15km of this ride are jaw on the floor nice. Its a fairly easy profile. I dont think anyone has yet given any feedback on this one at all yet..it should be good profile wise just skimming through it again this morning

• Will add that from all the NZ films I personally feel 039 Lake Pukaki  (New Zealand) is my favorite looking film from the OZ/NZ collection & I really wished they had filmed more in this area. Really its the final 15km of this ride are jaw on the floor nice. Its a fairly easy profile. I dont think anyone has yet given any feedback on this one at all yet..it should be good profile wise just skimming through it again this morning
    Nice tease :D 
    Now I want to ride this _now_ but I really shouldn't because of races this weekend. Aaahh!!!!!
    When picking what to ride yesterday I did notice Pukaki. Didn't pick it because I knew I wouldn't be able to restraint myself on such a profile even though it looks relatively easy, haha :)
    I will prioritize Pukaki on my list. Curious about these jaw-dropping final 15 km's.

Who filmed NZ?
  • All the films outside EU come from a team from Garmin, the raw footage/data is then edited/coloured here in Flanders. We all use the same type of camera gear at least I used the same type of camera for last years 800km Raid Pyrenees (reserve) to test it on Bertha, Switzerland & the last trip to Austria & then the Dolomites (reserve) a few weeks ago.  

• Last rides I could do with some feedback, if you have done any of these below please shout if they are fine or not cheers all Phil
    • 023_Lake Hume Loop 1 (Australia)
    • 014_Mt Hotham (Australia)
    • 017_Lake Mountain (Australia)
    • 039 Lake Pukaki to Mt Cook Village (New Zealand)
  • I rode all these rides. All films good! 

• Film T2068.45 - v3 029 Taylor Redwood Pass (NewZealand). The altitude at the end is below 0.

• Great!  

What films are in priority for November, December?

• Today I finished v2 039 Lake Pukaki. I started over many times :) No comments. All OK. 

• Last rides I could do with some feedback, if you have done any of these below please shout if they are fine or not cheers all Phil

Last 2 days I cycled two of this list:

v2 039 Lake Pukaki (New Zealand)
    Very nice ride. Good video quality and no cuts. After the only KOM crests the views are beautiful.
    Looking at the profile I thought a KOM on the final hill would be nice, but after cycling I came to the conclusion that the grades are really not worth it.
    I didn't notice anything to improve.

Lake Mountain (Australia)
    Nice long climb with some steeper parts in the beginning.
    Not much to see in the video. I didn't like the picture quality for the first 2,5KM. It looked like the bitrate was low, but maybe this is related to the lighting of the sun. I watch this on a very big screen so my comment might be unfair. Picture quality improved after the first 2,5KM's.
    The resistance felt low somewhere between 800m-1000m in. It would be nice if this can be checked. It might be worth it to check the steeper parts. It was good but not perfect.

Next up are Hume Loop 1 and Mt Hotham. Hotham looks like a big one at 55 km's and 1715^ :D