This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivosmart 4 problems with Connected GPS

After the firmware my Garmin VS4 has connected GPS. Very happy but very soon I found that I have only few GPS completed workouts. Most of the time I have only short segment from my routes. It is not my phone GPS because other software gave me complete routes (started at the same time with my VS4).

Anybody with the same problem? Any solutions?

• So one thing that I have done which seems to have helped at least sometimes is to download an app for android called GPS Connected. It keeps your gps lock alive on your phone,there are a few different apps that do this, I just chose that one as it seemed simple. It would be good if this issue could be resolved as I just don't feel I can totally depend on this to work when tracking any activity.

Slight smile

• Dear Joel, The watch, perfectlyreceives the GPS signal sent from the phone and the daily update of its weather forecast widget is the proof. I believe that there is a bug or some kind of incompatibility between the VS4 and Android Phones version 9 and higher that does not allow to proper register or synchronize the routes. I guess we all have made all the necesary combinations (turning off Battery saving and installing GPS Locating Apps). My ENDOMONDO works perfectly... VS4 still has issues; lots of...

• Hi Blake - I've been having the same issue - the GPS just randomly stops in the middle of exercises. The software update to v4.5 has not fixed this. 

I would be grateful if you could advise how this will be fixed?

Thanks,

Seb

• Yesterday I did 25 km on my bike, my VS4 shows 2,8km... very disappointing. This device is totally not useful for any activities with GPS.

• Same issue. Bought voivsmart 4 for its nice design. Shows no gps data. Runkeeper and strava shows correct data but no heart rate monitor. I will do youtube video because people should know that connected GPS feature is a big lie.

• You should also mention that every other feature is a little lie to. 

Heartrate: comparison with a chest belt near to 20 % off

Distance: running distance is also between 25 - 20 % away from the real distances. And the deviation is alway different, so it is not only impossible to get information about your speed or distance, but it's also not possible to get a trend from your gadget. 

Sleep recognition: just do not work 

Running pace: is also *** because of the wrong distances. 

Display touch: sometimes it even works. But most of the time not. And sometimes it also gets activated by a wet t-shirt. 

Little lies because Garmin says that all those values are not accurate. And indeed they are always crap, independent of the manufacturer. But why buying another tech gadget if every value is just estimated? For myself I am better in estimation than Garmin. Compared with GPS data and gmaps routing my estamtion is always better than the one of the VS4.

Garmin needs to:

- stop ignoring thair customers and communicate with them

- introduce a real qa of thair products

- publish thair product Roadmap

- start fixing bugs. This one is just one example of unresolved Garmin bugs over years - every manufacturer has bugs. But others resolve them.

Sorry Garmin. Products with Bugs - OK. But products with bugs unresolved for such a long time? Without communicating with your customers? Nope, no new Garmin products for me....

• I just received my Vivosmart 4 yesterday.  SW Version 4.5.  Tried it out on a 15-mile bike ride.  It only recorded ,21 miles.  I'm very disappointed.  From reading all the blogs, Garman needs to quit advertising this feature.  Very misleading.  

• Upgrading, recently, my Galaxy A40 from Android 9 to version 10 DIDN'T solve the problem... ... ...

• So Today Garmin started a rolling update for the VS4 again. Firmware Version 4.60. My VivoSmart4 got an update some hours ago. I directly did another test. I did a relaxed 6 km run. The Whole run was tracked with gps data. The Data is far away from being accurate but the dataset is complete. Now iam gonna track the next walks and runs maybe it will work now. 

• Accuracy will depend on the phone GPS so not Garmins fault....but if the dataset  is complete then that is promising.....I see I have 4.60 and just done a  small test in my garden.....

Looks promising......It might actually work.

Will test fully in the next few days