This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Digital display not working - Replaced

Just for info:

Everything was working fine, analog hands moving, garmin connect sync, HR, notifications vibration, but no digital display. How can you troubleshoot this with a "factory reset"? You cannot because the only way to do that is through the digital display menus, no option for that on garmin connect or express. I've sent it to garmin support and they sent me back a new watch.

Best regards!
Ricardo.
  • Hi, I personally think that if you go to the shop where you bought it, they might be able to help you. 

• Hi

I'm having fading too. Was there any resolution to this or is buying a new one the only option. Thinking 

• I feel same.  Same issues. Very disappointed. 
  • Same has happened to mine after 3years... everything else works fine just digital display is really faded. I managed to do a factory reset which has made the display even worse now - I do not recommend doing that as had to try to pair my phone again in a pitch black room to try and see display. Phone is now paired but display is only slightly visible in a pitch black room.

This looks like a known issue that has persisted for a number of years, is Garmin doing anything proactive to resolve this? Did we all buy from a bad batch of watches? Can we be guaranteed that future models have improved? I don't want to have to fork out for a new watch only for this to happen again 2-3years again - just not acceptable.

• Exact same issue and sentiment.

• Hello, exact same thing here but for two watches. I have bought my wife first vivomove hr, and a week later second one for me. Wife's watch display stoped working after 2 and half years, and a display on my watch stoped working a week after. So it looks like built in error, not like a random failure.

What do you say about global lawsuite against Garmin?

This is very very disappointing.

• I have the same problem. I bought the same watch over 1 year ago and the screen is totally gone by now... Such a disappointment 

• same problem here 100%. sent email to their support just now. Hope they can rectify this issue.....

• I have the same problem. After two years and a bit the display degenerated en stopped. Smartfunction stopped. The app on my mobile is useless.

• I have the same issue, bought the watch in September 2020 and for the past 3 months from not displaying partially it went to not displaying at all. Apparently the issue is for the screen only as in my app is displaying properly the activities he can track.