This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Digital display not working - Replaced

Just for info:

Everything was working fine, analog hands moving, garmin connect sync, HR, notifications vibration, but no digital display. How can you troubleshoot this with a "factory reset"? You cannot because the only way to do that is through the digital display menus, no option for that on garmin connect or express. I've sent it to garmin support and they sent me back a new watch.

Best regards!
Ricardo.
  • I have same problem!!!! Can’t troubleshoot without a screen. Can’t even share problem without serial number which I can only access through display! So frustrating!  Barely had the device long. 

• I had same problem only a few months after having watch! Super frustrating. Can’t  trouble shoot or even access serial number to report problem without display! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

• I have the same problem. Please advise how I fix my screen not working? 

• The screen in my Vivomove HR started to slowly dim more and more until died completely after two and half years. I contacted Garmin support and they gave me a link to download a small program for PC so that I could try to reset the watch connecting to a computer, since with the screen not working a reset cannot be performed from the watch and the Garmin Connect app does not have such option.

Since even that did not resolve the issue (as I expected...) I decided to take advantage of the trade-in option they offered, sending back the old Vivomove HR and ordering a new Vivomove Style at a discount. Considering that the old watch was over two years old and the new features of the Vivomove Style (dual color display, connected GPS, etc,) it wasn't a bad deal after all.

• My watch has done exactly the same as yours. ill contact the support and see what happens and try the program and see if that helps, but from your reply seems like its a waste of time. 

• How old is your Vivomove HR? The kind if display used on it (OLED) tends to degrade over time. Although I think it should have lasted more than two and half year, I got a good run out of my Vivomove HR and I was thinking anyway to get a new model, probably around the end of this year.

• I have the same problem - working well then a week ago screen started fading now no digital display at all. It is only 16 months old. I would have expected it to last longer. I contacted support a week ago and am awaiting a reply.

• When it happened to me I contacted them through their chat. The agent responded almost immediately and, although she could not resolve the problem (as I expected), she was very responsive.

• I have the same problem too, the watch was working well then a couple of weeks ago the screen started fading, and nowthere is nothing shown at all. I contacted support and they offered a replacement, but they wanted to charge me £76.80 for it! I've asked if there's anything else they can offer me, maybe the new Style with a discount, and am waiting for a reply