This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivimovye 3 swiming activity

I swim breaststroke with my Vivomove 3, lenght of the pool is correct (25 m). But the device counts about half the distance swimed. How does it count the number of indoor pool swims? And how can this be adjusted?

• HI there, you need to make sure you are pushing off the wall with wrist the watch is on. He needs to be a hard push for the watch to recognize. 

• At the beginning of the swim, I push off the wall with my feet and not with my hands. Do you mean that I have to make a sharp movement with the hand on which the watch is in order for it to recognize the start of the swim?

• Ok, my mistake you can disregard my previous comment. I was able to get some clarification. You are doing it correctly, is it happening on every swim? As long as your form is correct on the stroke it should count the laps. 

• Yes, it happens every time. I count the laps in my mind and know how many paths I have swum. The device readings are 50% less on average. Given that the error is exactly 50%, I can put the length of the pool not 25 but 50 meters, but this is not a solution. There will be no accuracy. Summer is coming, swimming will go to open water and how to calculate the distance there? To understand how to fix this, I need to understand how the device understands that I started to swim? But I can't find this information anywhere

• How does it count the number of indoor pool swims?

After each length you need to push off the wall and glide for a second. This is how the watch counts lengths.

• Summer is coming, swimming will go to open water and how to calculate the distance there?

The vivomove doesn't have an open water swimming mode (which requires GPS) and won't be able to calculate distance.

• Yes, I was wrong with open water. There really is swimming in the pool. I'll try to push my hand harder somehow. But how to do this when jumping into the water from the pedestal? ... In any case, thanks for the answers.

• I'll try to push my hand harder somehow.

Actually it's not the push the matters most, it's the glide phase (i.e. a short break in making strokes) that counts.

• Does Garmin Vivomove 3S track swimming?

• I have a vivomove sport and have a similar problem. It only records 20% of the number of lengths i swim. I have tried pushing off harder at every turn and holding the glide longer to no avail.