Editing reps during a workout that includes Rounds

Hi,

I am new to the Garmin Epix and spending this week getting the STRENGTH programs I have on cards into the watch. This is a sample.

4 Rounds of Bench Press - 10 reps - 110kg

3 Rounds of Incline Dumbell Press - 12 reps 17.5kg

etc.....

After a session, I see that the auto rep counter is all over the place, for a round of 10 reps, I may see anything from 8 to 13 reps recorded.

I am reading that I can edit reps and weights if I add a Rest after each Round.

This means that I would only be able to edit the last set (round)

The solution I see here is doing away with using Rounds and enter each set individually with a rest proceding. This will make for a very long plan :-)

PLAN B

Create the same exercise steps in a CARDIO workout. I am reading that the auto step counter is not used here?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks James

• I am reading that I can edit reps and weights if I add a Rest after each Round.

No, not after the round, but within the same round should be a rest step. Just add a rest step after each set within the same round.

So, in your example it would look like this. 

It's hard to see, but the round is in the gray shaded rectangle. Within the round is a workout set followed by a rest.

Personally, I prefer to do my own rep counting. End the workout step with a lap button press. The watch will still try to guess the rep count, then, if necessary, I can edit the rep count and weight during the rest step.

• Thankyou.

That makes sense. I am now reading that you can turn of rep counting and weight changing in the Strength App. I have found these settings and made the changes.

Do you know if the strength workouts that I created earlier will pick this behaviour up?

In summary, I dont want to actually change anything. I have my reps, they are fixed, and I change weights occasionally back in the office.

• Do you know if the strength workouts that I created earlier will pick this behaviour up?

If you have the set and the rest step within the same round, then you should be fine. You stated your reps were all over the place, so I assumed you weren't getting a chance to edit reps during the workout because your rest steps were not in the correct place.

If your rounds are like this, that should be fine.

• Thanks. I understand this. I will make the change. The rest will be useful as I take a 40sec break for each set.

If the turning off the rep counter works then all the better.

• I don't think you need to turn off rep counting. I would leave it on. Usually the watch will get it right and you can just blow by or ignore the prompt to edit reps and weight.

• Also, why is this posted in the vivoactive 3 forum? Was that your intent?

• Yeah, not sure how that happened. Error by me I guess.
    FYI, I turned off rep counting and weight changing in the strength app and the change reflected in my pre existing workouts (completed one yesterday).
    The rests are in and now I am training exactly like I was when carrying around my training sheets :-) Thanks for your help.