This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 Update 7.80

The battery drains rapidly since the update. From previous version to 7.8...the battery would last 6-7 days, now it is drained in less than 12 hours. Doesn't seem like a hardware problem, can I load the 7.70 software?

• Same problem here.  If Garmin cannot/won't fix it I will need to replace it.  I've been waiting for a real fix for months. 

I was a Garmin fan-boy recommending others in search of an activity watch to purchase Garmin, touting it's features and benefits.  My replacement will be anything but Garmin.  I will advise others of my experience with Garmin & their support when asked to recommend a watch.  A 350 USD watch should not be relegated to the trash after 2 years.  Really disappointing.

• Same problem. Tried the reboot fix a bunch, tried turning sensors on/off, phone connection off.  none of it matters.  watch can't get through the day even if I'm not using it for any activity.  

• be nice if Garmin Support would at least acknowledge problem.

+

• Did not work for me.  Have tried everything possible.  Also strangely, the watch time will change and some settings, seemingly at random.  One needs to go into the menus to change the time; it happens when it is just sitting on the bedside stand.  I have no idea what is happening with this thing, but I know I am not changing the time.  Could this possibly be related to the battery drain issue?  Currently I need to charge 2x a day, it goes down about 8% per hour.

• Hello all.  I’m sorry to hear of the battery drain issues that you’re experiencing.  Let’s start by power cycling (turning off and then back on) your watch.  If the battery drain persists and if you have any Connect IQ (CIQ) Content, especially watch faces, you may need to delete that content until the independent developer is able to update their app/watch face to function correctly (without causing a battery drain) with the new firmware version on your watch.  You can use any of the 3 FAQs below to uninstall the CIQ content.

How to Uninstall Connect IQ App Content Using the Connect IQ App

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using Garmin Express

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using the Garmin Connect App

If you would like to submit feedback to the developer of the CIQ content, you can do so by clicking the link below and searching for the download page of the CIQ content.  In the bottom right corner of that page, you will find the option to contact the developer.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/

• Question, what changed between 7.7 and 7.8 to cause the battery drain? I'll try using the basic, garmin faces but I can't believe that *every* CIQ watch face is the reason this is happening. 

• Have all the Garmin branded watch faces been updated to work with the new update to avoid the rapid battery drain?

• Please stop giving canned answers.

What I've tried:

1) Factory reset (10 times). No watchfaces or any other CIQ apps. Same problem.

2) Full discharge and full charge leaving the cable connected for 7 hours. Fun fact: charging time didn't change. So the battery is ok.

3) I've started GPS activity (walking) for 1 hour. The difference in battery drain:
    - Without GPS: 9% per hour
    - With GPS: 15% per hour.
    There should be 10x difference but not 1,5x. So its definitely a software problem.

4) I've sent the watch to official Garmin service in my country (Ukraine). They replaced the battery but admitted that this did not solve the problem.

And now you will advise me paid replacement.

I don't know what Garmin is thinking. So many claims of huge battery drain connected in time with latest software update. They could say at least that they aware of the problem. But they are keeping silence instead.

You have a sane community. We understand that everyone can make a mistake. And we can wait if we know that we are being treated with respect. But you just give canned answers.

I used to be a Garmin fanboy who recommended your watches to all my friends. Now it looks like this will be the last watch that I bought from Garmin. Fortunately, there are already many good alternatives.

• Thanks Kevin for the reply, but please stop giving canned answers, since all of us have already tried all the options ( Factory reset, No watchfaces or any other CIQ apps, discharge and full charge cycles,.... ) and we still have the same problema, battery not lasting more than 10 hours.

Please acknowledge the problem, fix it, if possible, updating the software as soon as possible, and if it is not possible, exchege the watches. 

• Hi , I also have performed all the steps outlined and have the same issue.

As stated previous, mistakes happen and a simple acknowledgement of that would be nice.

One last thing, is it possible to roll back to 7.70?