This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White Spot on Vivoactive3 Screen

Hi there, I suddenly have a white 'dead spot' on my watch screen. Nothing happened per say and I want to know what other peoples experiences were with having it repaired. Were you charged out of warranty? 

• Same problem. Watch just under two years. Just appeared, no apparent reason.

Garmin contacted today, waiting for reply (up to 5 days).

White spot @ 8 o'clock.

• I am also facing same issue/ concern - seems every other Garmin watch have same problem - mine too - looks like manufacturing/ technical defect. Putting doubts on logevity of such a costly item 

• have you heard back yet? mine happened today, found it very difficuit to find an email address to contact them apart from a form on their site. what was your outcome, my watch only 15 months old.

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Eskjon

Update:

Garmin responded and sent me postage to send the watch to their service center. A week after I sent my watch to Garmin I received a replacement unit. No hassle, no questions just plain good service.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 4716902

Se update to my original post.

• Mine was about 13 months old when it happened and Garmin in the UK has been super helpful. I registered my watch through the Garmin Express app on my laptop when I got it, and when you click the tools & content button and then 'get help with this product ' at the bottom of the screen you can contact them directly linked to your device. I've just received a replacement (refurbished) and it works perfectly, was very impressed with their service. It took a little longer due to COVID but that's to be expected. I hope they can help with yours too! 

• my vivoactive 3 too
  • Had it happen to one watch within a year of using. Sent in and got a replacement from Garmin. Now, less than a year later, I'm seeing the same issue. 

•  How did you report this to Garmin? I have the same problem :( 

•   

Yes, same with my Vivoactive 3 Music, 4 days shy of a year old but pretty sure in the UK I have 2 years warranty.  After giving them the serial number on the back of the watch they immediately offered a recon unit to be sent once I send it back.  One thing I've just realised is that I sent the watch unit back with the strap on, apparently you're supposed to keep the strap so hopefully I get it back.  Anyone have an ideas of what to use in the interim? I want to keep my Garmin stats up to date on my runs without the watch.