This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 SW 7.20 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with some CIQ watch face data fields not updating
  • Same battery issues, but mine registers 200-300 flights of stairs a day, and its far from correct, its becoming more and more byggy for every update Disappointed

• Since upgrading to 7.20 the floors climbed are completely wrong: today 21 floors climbed, 5 floors descended.
    Also, during run activity (about 45 minutes), the altitude value registers a progressive descend value of about 60 meters, but I run on a flat road!
    Before upgrading, the values of floors climbed and altitude, were nearby to the real values.
    Please fix it.

• Same horrible one day battery life since last 2 months

• I'm having the exact same issue as some of you for the last few days now. Elevation is completely off. Sometimes shows a minus figure. I have also found that the feature which gives you your elevation plus longitude and latitude puts me in the North Sea off the coast of Yorkshire!

Like you, I was out walking the dog earlier and achieved my 6x stair goal walking on level ground. This needs sorting asap as I have just started to use Garmin Coach to get me to run 5k so I need accurate data.

• same issues, HR not working anymore, stair goal totally wrong, elevation went through the roof today (56500m on a 50 minute bike ride)..

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Raymond Ilano

I agree using a lower power USB port is better for the VA3. I've been using the 1A USB port on my power bank and noticed an improvement in the battery life. I was using the 2.4A and was getting barely 3 days. Now I usually get 4 to 4 1/2 days. I just found an old 0.7A charging port that I might try as well.

• Try to use a USB port with 0.5A...

• So any chance V3 gets the firmware update with BT battery fixes the M version got?

• Does anyone have a problem with HR sensor? I received my Vivoactive 3 yesterday, connected it to Garmin Express and upgraded to the newest version 7.20. HR sensor stops working periodically, sometimes a few times during one hour and some gaps are really huge like 6 hours of no records during a sleep. I've read that it was an issue on some previous software versions.

• Dear Garmin, an answer please