This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 SW 7.20 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with some CIQ watch face data fields not updating
  • Thanks for the guide above. I have down graded to v6.94beta but the battery life still suck. I am monitoring w batt meter apps and it is showing 5.355%/hr which translate to 18.7 hours before next charge. This is less than 1 day. This is really sad. =(

• Hi,

Have you try to deactivate Physio TrueUp??

This is my second week with de VA3, first days waste a lot of battery but I read in this forum that Physio True Up drain Battery.

The first week I had 5.5 days and this second week I'm going to achieve 7.5 days of battery life doing 8 hours per week of sports without GPS.

Regards

• That setting is just the apps I think and not the firmware itself

• For me, Physio true up has always been on and I'd get over a week of battery, now I get less than a day. So, its not that.

• Ok, if you don't want to try deactivate physio true up with FW 7.20 and test if resolve your battery issue, up to you. 

I don't know if in past FW have the same result because when I bought the watch updated automatically. 

Regards

• i switched off Physio True-up and it seems that battery will last longer and watchface did not crashed from the time i switch off Physio True-up. Tomorrow will have some GPS activities, if watchface won`t crash then Physio True-up is the responsible for watchface crashing and battery drain

• Since upgrading to 7.20, battery is dropping at least 10% an hour (and that's outside activities).  Full reset done, plus all minimised all the battery hungry apps, but no joy.  Not ideal, and hopeful it will be sorted quickly.  No drama prior to this.

• Same. Tried downgrade to v6.94Beta also same result and it auto update on the phone to v7.2. With v7.2, i need to charge it twice a day. This is really pathetic! I hope that GARMIN will come up with the S/W fix on this. 

The other is, I wonder whether it is also due to the battery life as my watch life is already 2.5 years where possibility of battery storage cycle has already started to deteriorate. Is this possible?

• It could quite possibly be. It's a small battery and sensitive to charger voltage. I only charge both of mine via low power computer USB port. High power chargers and power banks can degrade the life of the battery. Both mine are on 7.20 and I get 5 days with 3-4 GPS activities. I run and cycle. I'd see if you can find a replacement battery when it finally dies and see if that helps. I bought another vívoactive 3 just so see if the battery. Both seem fine so far.