This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate sensor stops periodically

A few days ago my VA3 heart rate sensor began randomly stopping. I will notice my heart rate is "0" on the display. The LED's will not be flashing. If I turn the watch off and on, the measurement will restart. I've noticed that if I just leave it, it restarts on its own after a while. Has anyone else had this experience? 

• The same!

Can we open an issue at Garmin?

• Same here.

No lights on Sensor.

• Same story :-(

Heart rate sensor was a little bit buggy for  the last 2 or 3 FW updates: I experienced infrequently the (--) 'No heart rate signals'  during a sportsactivity. Luckily each moment only for a short period of time. So my Health data were not useless.

Since FW 6.4 I also noticed this habit in the widget of the VA3 that shows the Heart rate. Every day I noticed there were  1 or 2 moments with no data for 2 to 4 minutes. Because I didn't notice it before in the Heart rate widget, I guess that that the Heart rate sensor problem got worse in the previous FW 6.4 update. 

But now, after the 6.60 update,  it is disastrous. Even the stress monitor stopped monitoring until I restarted the watch.
    I can not trust my watch to monitor my activity's adequately anymore.

This really needs to be fixed, since it touches the core of the Smartwatch functionality.

Kind regards.

• Get this as well with 6.60, was fine on previous versions 

• I'm having this same issue, ever since the update to v6.6 my HR monitor will show multiple chunks of time missing in the tracking (but it looks like it doesnt happen while I'm sleeping) and from time to time my display will show my HR at 0

• I'm having this same issue, ever since the update to v6.6 my HR monitor will show multiple chunks of time missing in the tracking (but it looks like it doesnt happen while I'm sleeping) and from time to time my display will show my HR at 0

• Green light off, cant be turned on anyway. Reboot of watch needed... 2 reboots needed yesterday...

• Another one here, actually is totally random...I suspect that is something that they turned on to save battery.

Also I was trying to look if there was somewhere the option to enable the "continuous" heart rate but it seems that is present only on the initial wizard, maybe resetting that option can solve the bug

• I got my 6.60 update a few days ago and since then I'm getting the same issue. Heart rate tracking stops randomly. In the logs I see gaps in tracking too. It starts after a while and it's happening constantly! Very annoying. I keep constant track of my heart rate (have a watch face with a small, unobtrusive number) and I constantly notice - - instead of the actual heart rate. Watch went from great and reliable to annoying. Please fix this Garmin. 

• Green light on but no heart rate at all.