This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate sensor stops periodically

A few days ago my VA3 heart rate sensor began randomly stopping. I will notice my heart rate is "0" on the display. The LED's will not be flashing. If I turn the watch off and on, the measurement will restart. I've noticed that if I just leave it, it restarts on its own after a while. Has anyone else had this experience? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to DeckardCain2018

I have attempted a new fix and I will report back in 24hrs less if it fails, I have mounted the watch as usb storage and completely formatted its 8 mb drive using full format not quick format to fat 16 then reset to defaults in an attempt to see if a file was corrupted by the update, I dont know if this will work but its worth a shot !

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member
    Did I ask you for your opinion ?

I see you're up to your old antics again CookieMonster.  Someone post something you don't want to hear and you tell them to shut up.  At least this time you didn't give a "STFU" and accuse them of "defending Garmin with their life".  Since you love posting on these threads, please tell everyone why it's OK for you to post your opinions, but someone like rspierenburg needs your permission to post theirs?  

• Former Member
    [deleted]
  • Former Member

I was waiting for the moronic "you must be a Garmin employee" comment.  What took you so long? It usual happens much faster when dealing with someone with your intellect.   First you say you don't want to converse with me and you're not interested in what I say; only what Garmin has to say.  Then you go on and call me a Garmin employee and finish your post with a question.  What's it going to be Cookie?  You're going to get splinters in your ass if you keep straddling that fence without picking a side.  Flip a coin if you can't make a decision on your own.

• Former Member
    if you spent as much time at work doing your job as you do trolling everyone who complains about Garmin these forums wouldn't have half as many complaints as they do !

How does this statement making any sense?  So, if I pay more attention to my job that I'm neglecting and spend less time commenting to people like you, these forums will have half as many complaints as they do now?  Because paying attention to my personal job will somehow correct the faults you claim you're having?    LOL!  So, if I were a profession chef someone could say to me, "Hey, get back in the kitchen.  I'm tired of reading about these Garmin complaints on their forum"?  I apologize for questioning your intellect.  You're an absolute genius!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I may hve found a solution to the heart rate stopping, so far I have had no stops and its been 18 hrs, here is what I did,

Go into watch Settings/ USB mode / set to mass storage.

Connect watch to a windows computer, Linux wont work I tried it, 

Open my computer or the file browser on windows 10

Right click on the Garmin drive showing its about 8 Mb and select format, untick the fast format (this is important ) and the format the drive, make sure fat 16 is selected, the computer will then format the drive this will take about ten mins.

Disconnect the watch from computer once format is complete, then go back into settings/ system and select restore defaults, this will restore all the folders and Garmin stuff deleted by the format, 

then set up watch as new, dont forget to remove watch from Garmin connect before re-pairing, 

test and see if issue is solved !

• I can confirm this is exactly how it pans out with the local Garmin agents, one lists the problems in minute detail and they give you a canned response and an RMA form. What is the point of sending it back when we know it's simply bad software causing all of the issues?

• Former Member

Sorry everyone the attempted fix did not work, the good news is we know now this is not a borked file on the 8Mb partition so it must be the actual flash firmware, case closed

• We have just released a sensor hub update to 100% that is meant to resolve this issue. 

• All installed, thank you ! Grinning