This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - Venu series- SW 5.30

Another update will be coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts
  • I have Garmin watches for 15 years. Until Venu all without barometer. And they all had very accurate altitude without need to connect to phone and Garmin Connect app.

So what I have to do now, if I need right altitude on Venu? First connect Venu to phone (via bluetooth?), then open Garmin Connect app and then start activity on Venu? Can I do this indoors?

• Hello! I apologize this has happened. 

What I would like for you to start with is,

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, Please reset the device to defaults
    • This will start the watch from new. Please go to watch settings, system then reset to defaults.
    • Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol
    • Please charge fully through the computer

Once these steps are completed, please test the device over the next 48 hours and report back how the battery has held up. We will then reevaluate from there.

• Oh good I've found this thread. I won't be updating my firmware when it shows on my watch then.

• I find it funny how we all would like Garmin to improve sleep tracking when they can't even update the basic functions without breaking them XD

• Good luck with that... You'll get two options, One to install now, the other to install that evening. 

• It seems to works for me :). Now my battery life seems to be as usual (5-6 days)

• unfortunately not yet in German

• The automatic calibration of the elevation is complete nonsene. Today I started an activity with my Venu (SW 5.30) in the plane, perfect GPS constellation, Bluetooth connection to the smartphone and the elevation was 30 meter too high. How bad is that ?!?! Why is there no manual calibration menu ?

• Yeah. It's a crap shoot. Sometimes I need to wait 2 minutes for the accurate elevation. Otherwise it's 50m, the 37, then 15 then 25, etc. I live at 20m above sea level. 

if you go into system settings, go to About, tap Sw Versions, then tap SW Version 10 times... an Advanced Options menu will appear. In there you can clear the barometric calibration. Maybe that helps. This is for a VA4 watch but it should essentially be identical on the Venu

• How do you know when you have accurate elevation?