This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq Will Not Pair After ANT/BLE/BT (Bluetooth) Update to 3.60

Completely out of the blue fail to connect my Garmin sq with my Huawei p30 Lite (( it all started after my watch requested a bluetooth update this morning, I confirmed, it was obviously installed. Some time after I noticed that my watch was still disconnected despite the fact that internet was on.. But I did not think of it as a problem until I realised it stayed disconnected through the day while Internet and bluetooth were on! (( I went through all the steps of troubleshooting... restarted both devices, then unpaired the watch, and removed it from Garmin Connect, deinstalled Garmin Connect, then attempted to pair again - not happening, the search for device goes round and round. Got tired of continuously restarting my watch, then my phone and over again... Just why updates on Garmin is causing so much distress? Please Help? SOS! What do I do next to fix it?

• Having the same issues as everyone else.  Re-pair and it works for half a day and then stops working again.

Is there a ETA on a new firmware version which fixes this?

I'm back on 3.3 and still having BT issues.

• I connect the watch with garmin express and firmware version rolled back to 3.30. I made a factory reset and everything seems to work well again.

• I just plugged into Garmin Express and it just says "you're up to date at version 3.6".  There is no option to roll it back or anything.  I already tried both a settings reset and a data reset.

• These steps worked for me initially, but it seems that everytime I charge my watch it disconnects from my phone and won't re-pair without restoring to default settings. It's not sustainable to restore to default settings every few days. 

• did a online chat last night to support and they seemed clueless as to this issue. pointed them tot this article and all the said I can do it reset and re-setup. Did that which worked and as expected this morning its not connecting again. 

With a reset you loose your garmin pay settings and every other setting so I"m not doing that again!

Are Garmin still looking at this issue as it's not only 3.6. I"m on 3.3 and having these issues.

• After I switched off the watch and turned it on again, it can't connect with the mobile phone. With 3.3 firmware. So the problem exists from 3.3 version. 

• I don't think that it's linked to the software ( version 3.3 or 3.6 ) but to the bluetooth stack firmware update to 2.20.

This whole big update was : sw to 3.6 , bt/wifi/etc to 2.20 , sensors to 18.xx and maybe something else. Even if now you downgraded the sw to 3.3 , it's still a fact that the bluetooth stack was upgraded and still at 2.20

The problem is there

• Ho lo stesso problema, io posseggo un Garmin Venu sq, faccio tutto come nel manuale, accoppio il dispositivo  e sembra vada tutto bene, di punto in bianco si disconnette e non c'è verso di riaccoppiarlo, per fare ciò devo prima riportare lo smarthwatch alla impostazioni iniziati e quindi perdere tutto quello che avevo inserito, ho fatto presente la cosa alla Garmin, mi hanno risposto che era un problema software e che sarebbe stato risolto, ma a tuttoggi continuo ad avere il problema.

• i did the reset to factory settings work around, but its now disconnected again and ive tried twice to reset to factory and repair but after the garmin app update last night at 2am est it will not connect at all ive reset unpaired, re-paired, added it back as a device and it was fine for about 30 minutes and even then it didnt do a full sync but it did sync and count my calories burned at 4000 with no steps at 9am. So IDK what to do now apart from plugging it in to garmin express every night like its 2002 again 

• I have the same issue with my watch and it has become a useless piece of junk.  Disappointed in Garmin