This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq Will Not Pair After ANT/BLE/BT (Bluetooth) Update to 3.60

Completely out of the blue fail to connect my Garmin sq with my Huawei p30 Lite (( it all started after my watch requested a bluetooth update this morning, I confirmed, it was obviously installed. Some time after I noticed that my watch was still disconnected despite the fact that internet was on.. But I did not think of it as a problem until I realised it stayed disconnected through the day while Internet and bluetooth were on! (( I went through all the steps of troubleshooting... restarted both devices, then unpaired the watch, and removed it from Garmin Connect, deinstalled Garmin Connect, then attempted to pair again - not happening, the search for device goes round and round. Got tired of continuously restarting my watch, then my phone and over again... Just why updates on Garmin is causing so much distress? Please Help? SOS! What do I do next to fix it?

• SOLVED! According to Garmin, the 3.6 update has been pulled back. https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/venu-sq/293761/updated-venu-sq-and-venu-sq-music-software-updates---3-60

To update back to 3.30, you need to connect your Venu SQ to a computer and use the Garmin Express software to sync your watch. This will also sync your data with Garmin Connect.

After that, my watch still wouldn't connect to my phone, and my phone couldn't find it (trying to add the watch after deleting from Garmin Connect and impairing). Standard troubleshooting did not work BUT I finally tried a factory reset, including deleting all data from the watch.

After a full reset, my Venu SQ was found by my phone and connected immediately. No data was lost because it was synched using Garmin Express just a few mins before.

Connection to phone is perfect again, just as it was before the recent update. Reinstalling widgets, data fields, watch faces was easy b/c the Connect IQ app remembers previous installs. I just have to play around with watch settings a bit now.

• Not so fast with the SOLVED. I did all that (downgraded and it worked for a few hours and now has lost BLE connection again. 

Back to square one. 

• Any update on this?  I've done multiple factory resets and still can't get my phone to see the Venu Sq.  I can only get it to sync over USB.  This needs to be fixed ASAP or I'll need to buy something else that works, and it won't be a Garmin.

• I understand it's a bit frustrating, but synching while recharging the watch is a small price to not rush too much a surely delicate fix. I mean, we all have to charge at least weekly anyway ( or more frequently if using actively enough functions ).

Personal opinion anyway

• All,

Thank you for your patience with us while we work to investigate these reports.  As a temporary work around, please complete the following:

1. Sync your watch with Garmin Express.
    2. Restore your watch to .
    3. Remove your watch from the Garmin Connect mobile app and your phone's Bluetooth menu.
    4. Pair your watch to the Garmin Connect mobile app.

If these steps do not work for you, please let me know by posting a screenshot of what error you get in the mobile app and a photo of what your watch looks like while in Bluetooth pairing mode.

• Followed the steps on my wife's watch and phone and it will not pair.  The watch will not show up under BT on any device.  Interestingly, the BT MAC shows all zeros.  This all worked before upgrading to 3.30.  Is there a way to obtain a previous firmware version to downgrade like on other devices.  At this point the watch is useless for tracking anything through the mobile app or for notifications.

• Worked for a short time. But when the bt connection is lost (because of distance for example), it will not connect again. still need a Update!

•  will you please provide a file online we can download to take us back to ver 3.3.  The update was stopped so it doesn’t seem right that those of us who automatically updated can’t downgrade back to ver 3.3.  

My BT connects on my iPhone but I immediately get phone disconnected messages and then no longer get notifications.  I rely on my watch for my notifications as my phone is silenced most of the time.

• Same problem with bluetooth connection here. After factory reset, the watch connected for 2 days, and then bluetooth connection lost.

• If the Restore to Default Settings is unsuccessful for you, please reach out directly to your local Garmin Product Support team for further assistance.

Garmin Product Support