This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Save - stopped activity - not me

Got a new Venu SQ yesterday after my vivosport's battery failed after 3.5 years.  Did my first activity this morning - walk I've done many times while wearing my vivosport.  Noticed while in the middle of my walk AUTO SAVE appeared on the screen.  I ignored it and kept going.  A bit later I noticed the watch wasn't recording the walk.  I did not stop the activity.  I started another walk activity then ended it when I got home, so the end result was I took TWO walks (but really only one).  One ended with AUTO SAVE, the other ended by me. 

Searched for AUTO SAVE in the user's manual, not there.  Poked around a bit looking for an AUTO SAVE setting on the SQ; couldn't find one.  Did I miss something?  My vivosport never behaved this way.  It started an activity when I told it to, then stopped when I told it to stop.

I also did a search and found a bunch of comments/complaints on AUTO SAVE but no solution as to why or what "decides"' to AUTO SAVE or if it can be disabled.  

All software/firmware is up to date as of today.  2.90 FW, etc.  

• Is 4 or 5 months (and still waiting) really an acceptable time frame for a fix?

• It's definitely not acceptable when it's a breaking bug that should stop any other software development until it's fixed. It was clearly introduced with the Sensor Hub 6.00 update with Firmware 2.90 about 4 months ago like you mentioned yet Firmware 3.00 was still released. Very glad I didn't buy this watch and picked up a stopgap in the FitBit Luxe. Won't even buy it now on sale for $129 and wouldn't even wear it if Garmin paid me as I couldn't count on it and it would just frustrate me endlessly during activities. I would say the engineering team lacks urgency, has it maybe a little too easy, especially management, and at the same time they have their hands full with other teams introducing 40+ watches which is just absolutely ridiculous.

• I have rarely seen worse customer support.  I spent $200 on a fitness tracker that does not track activities.  I called Garmin Support and asked if I could trade my Venu Sq in for a different model that works, and I was told that was not possible.  I will definitely never buy another product from Garmin.

• I am pleased to announce that a fix for this issue will be rolling out with the new software version 3.20 over the next few business days.  Please be sure to update your watch (you may have better luck pushing this to your watch by syncing with Garmin Express) and monitor the next few activities.

How Do I Install Garmin Express?

If you continue to experience this issue AFTER updating to 3.20, please start a new thread.