This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flickering screen

I have just bought a Venu SQ and the screen is flickering both when the time is showing and when I am navigating through functions. Will there be a software update to fix this - or will I have to return my device?

Thanks for any help.

Adrian

• I bought a venu sq for myself and was planning to give as a gift a venu sq music (white) but since mine was flickering, I wanted to check the white also. And true enough, it also had a flickering screen. I had tried reset settings on both watches but still had the flickering even after doing it. 

• Same issue for me as well. Just received the watch today. Not a great video, but you can see best in the top headline/category header the best.Click here to play this video

• Only happens in incandescent light for me?  But other complaint is it rarely turns on when I lift my wrist?

• Thank you all for the videos. We are investigating this and if you have a unit exhibiting this issue please reach out to your local support. If you are in the U.S could you reply to this thread. 

• Do you mean Canada garmin if I live there for local support?

• Hi! Are you in the U.S by chance?

• Hi. I am in the US and I just received my Venu SQ and I am also seeing the brightness flickering issue.  

Edit1: After experimenting more, this seems like it's the light sensor.  In good lighting it stays on and at a good brightness.  In low light it gets dimmer and difficult to read.  I set it to full brightness, but no matter what brightness I set it to it seems to always be in sensor mode.  Is this the intended behavior?  I certainly hope not.  And if so, why have a brightness adjustment?

Edit2: I saw this issue reported in a few other posts.  Also, some reviewers on Amazon reported the same thing and that it's been like this since the watch was released.  I don't understand why you wouldn't have the option to turn off auto brightness like you can on a phone.  Please confirm that this is the case so I can return it.

• Save problem here. At low indoor light the screen keep ajust luminosity by itselft and flikering. Note that the brightness setting in the setting of the venu sq only change the maximum luminosity of the screen. Low, medium and hight. But the watch is alway in auto brighness mode no maters how you set the maximum luminosity.

• Just for stats - same here (Im in UK). Bought Venu sq last weekend and in lower light it is annoying that screen lightly flickers. Not sure if return will make a difference as seems issue is very common.