Firmware 3.80 spikes and drop-outs

My Vector 3's have been bulletproof since purchase 3 months ago. I've never experienced drop-outs or spikes.

Since updating them two days ago to 3.80 they no longer function as a usable power meter.

I've noticed spikes and drop-out appear related to both large change in cadence (coasting/spin) and power (accelerations from corners). Steady operation seems to settle things until changes occur.

• The initial update appeared on my EDGE 530 but wouldn't complete via the edge
  • Updated finally through Garmin Connect Android App.
  • Have reset pedals (removed batteries)
  • Batteries are only a week old and are lightly oiled per the manual
  • Disable Cycling Dynamics - no effect
  • Tried to disable TE/PS - Change didn't seem to be applied

Has anyone else had similar problems?

• Well I re-enabled auto-zero and I am still not getting the same problems as before. It's noticeable that when I coast, the cadence value sits at 0 when before with the problems it would display a dash "-". Looking at the ride data from the last 3 trouble free rides, the max power values are all as expected whereas before I was getting ridiculous numbers like 2000-3000 watts for the max. I haven't touched the batteries so I am at a loss to explain why the pedals are now working as well as they were before the f/w update. I can only guess that I have somehow reset something when I was messing around with auto-zero on and off.

• Outdoor ride this time, away from potential radio/wifi interference.

Worse than ever.  Highly unsatisfactory:

• Thanks for keeping us updated. Guess I'll be holding off from applying this update, although I was looking forward to the fixes to the problem with spikes. 

• And ride 2 for the day, also outside, several hours later

• Hey I've been facing the same issue after updating to 3.8 firmware: Vector connected at the beginning of the ride then spikes and dropouts for a while and then completely disconnected. Before I was on 3.60 and everything was smooth.

At first I had troubles updating to 3.8 it kept on failing from my Edge 520, I switch to mobile app and it was updated after couple of retries. 

Yesterday I was on a ride and things are back to normal! Here's what I did:

- while Edge 520 was connected to Vector I removed batteries from right pedal (to see the alert it's disconnected), then removed from left. after a while I put batteries back on and spin crank to activated ti

- using Edge 520 I did angle reset

- then I went to mobile app and removed Vector from devices

Not sure if his helps anyone here but I thought I share since it looks it helped me.

• Really strange. I did not have issue with my first purchased 2 sided pedals till the 3.6 arrived. Since that there were disconnections. I thought it is a co-incident. 

Now I got a brand new pedal with fw 3.6 and it can not be updated to 3.8 (failed) 

• I only had occasional "right sensor missing" errors before the update from version 3.6 to 3.8 (~2 errors in 10 rides). After the firmware update to version 3.8 I had about 50 "right sensor missing" errors showing up on my Garmin Edge 1000 (newest firmware) head unit (right sensor not showing any power). I contacted Garmin support about it on October 12th and asked if it was possible to downgrade the firmware to 3.6 again. I received an email confirmation that my message was received on the same day but have not received any reply to my question yet (2 weeks later :( . 

In the mean time I have unpaired the right sensor and paired it again as suggest on the Garmin support page. I've also switched off the Auto-Zero function. No problems for 3 rides after that, so i thought that this had fixed the issue. Then yesterday out of the blue the "right sensor missing" error appeared again (about 15 times during a 2 hour ride). Very disappointed!

• Similar here. Yesterday, had a spike of 2284 Watts at the very beginning of the ride. Today, right sensor missing twice - but cadence and power didn’t drop. Garmin needs to cut their losses and buy the Favero Assioma pedals and make them their own.

• Recording Vector 3(v3.8) at the same time

Fenix 6X+Vector 3(ANT+) ,zero drop-outs
    Edge1030+Vector 3(ANT+), three times drop-outs

• Anyone solved this yet? Mine are completely unusable.