WiFi Password Not Being Accepted During Set-Up

My Garmin Index Scale will not connect to my home Wifi network.

During set-up the Garmin connect app prompts me to enter the WPA2 password, which I am definitely entering correctly. It then says the the password is incorrect!?!?

I am using the Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

Can anyone help me please!?

Thanks so much.
  • Same problem, upgraded my providers box, now s2 incorrectly claims 'incorrect password' . Just updated s2 firmware, no improvement. Fortunately I have a second (legacy) WiFi network with which it works, but I really way to retire this router. Come on Garmin!

• So I had to split my 2.4Ghz network and 5Ghz network and give them different names (SSIDs). 

Use the 2.4Ghz network with the s2.

(This shouldn't be necessary, most devices negotiate this transparently)

Come on Garmin!

• Hey guys! I found a work around!

Turn on your phone hotspot; open the Garmin connect app; step on the scale; refresh the app; sync the app; refresh the app again; then wait it out until your weight appears while keeping the hotspot on.

It's definitely overkill; but it seems to be affective. LoL 

• Once again, I'm glad this worked for you, but this did NOT work for me. I suggest if anyone else in my shoes and it only works with phone hotspot, contact garmin and demand a replacement. If you're out of your warranty period still demand a replacement as it is their firmware that has damaged the scales.

• Whatever you do, do not change your phone hotspot name or password and then forget what one the scale was connected to. You will soft brick it. Noone will be able to fix it in this case but garmin. Insane that they didn't build a manual firmware reset switch into the £130 bit of tech.

• MY SOLUTION:
    1. Make sure your 2,4 Wi-Fi uses only channel 1-11. You do not need to separate your 2,4 and 5 Wi-Fi.
    2. Wi-Fi passwords must be at least 8 characters
    3. Garmin Connect is programmed as if you write a normal sentence and not a password. This is why my last character, an ! is handled like the end of a sentence. The consequence of that, is that my keyboard adds a space automatically behind the !. Garmin Connect treats this space as a character. So I eliminated the space....done. (Android, for example, is smart and ignores a space behind a password)

Since the letters are so tiny within Connect, it took me a while to see that there is a space automatically behind the !  .