This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index scale missing user

My Garmin Index Scale is handling two users, and it's been working fine.
Today my girlfriend complained there is only my name on the display, hers has dissiperad? :confused:
My own is still working fine.

The product about 2 months old and working fine.

Any suggestions why?

• Firmware is supposed to load automatically after you use device it checks it.

When I checked my version, here is what it tells me. I don't think its correct! Software is up to date — Version 0.0.0.0

• Hello All, It has been a bit since I have commented here. I would like to keep this thread focused on the problem of the scale missing the guest after a new calendar day.

- If you are not able to add a guest to a new scale, this would be a different problem than is presented here. Please reach out to Garmin Product Support for additional assistance. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

- Please reach out to Garmin Product Support for additional assistance with this problem. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

• Hi, 

I would like to my not cheap device works is well. Maybe you can give same information? Problem present 2 months...  

• - I do not have any additional information to provide other than what I have previously reported in regards to the workaround. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are still actively working on a resolution.

• Watching. My scale won’t hold my wife’s name for more than one weigh in, and isn’t even offering the option of a guest weigh in. 

• I received a refund on old index

I purchased another  new index.

Setup new index with my partner as second user.

Partner dropped off after 3 days.

To maintain domestic harmony I found a solution.

I deleted all users and removed index from my account. I reset index.

I then had my partner add the index as a new device from her account and invite me as second user.

Solution. Yay. She no longer drops off.

Instead, I am the one that drops off. As long as I change my initials pre weigh in I can get a reading to my account.

Partner happy. That's worth alot

• As for me......I await an update or a new device which solves the issue.

• Matthew, any closer to a solution. I have owned my scales for a while and it is a constant source of frustration. Is there a second generation in the works?

• we just purchaged the scale and have the same problem. is there a solution yet?  regrads Cor

• Same problem here. Nice to know, this is piece of crap, still. 

• How on earth can a company like Garmin make a change with that stops a premium product from working for 2 months and either not revert the change (I assume you have poor change control) or simply fix it? 

Also, your internal communications and knowledge base must be poor if your technical team are still sending out replacement scales (which won’t fix the problem) to customers when we all know your system is at fault. 

Finally, if a second generation of scales are soon to be released, I expect my set purchased in December 2019 to be replaced for a second generation set free of charge given that they haven’t been fit for purpose since buying them and are pretty much worthless now. I’ve now missed my return period due to being stupid enough to think you would have the issue fixed with high priority.