This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim heart rate data in Garmin Connect timeline

I am wondering why my heart rate collected via my Garmin Swim chest strap is not incorporated into my timeline on Garmin Connect. Can Garmin make this happen? Also I went for a recorded walk and it was also not incorporated into the timeline and I am wondering why? Anyone have any answers?
  • vremeszhotmail.com only route is to report to Garmin Support as this forum is just for help from other users who may have suggestions or workarounds
  • I reported this problem to Garmin Support at the time or the original post. Still no action.
  • vremeszhotmail.com I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix - I don't think Garmin consider it a bug at the moment - it is a bit daft there doesn't seem to be any particular logic to it.
  • Swim HR is shown on my Garmin Connect timeline. Problem does not exist.
  • TrippyZ just because it shows on your Garmin connect timeline doesn't mean it's not a problem for others. Where I have an open Water swim and a run on the same day both using hrm tri I get a track in the timeline for the run and a gap for the swim. It's not very important but does exist.
  • Kinda bugs me a little too. I bought a Polar OH1+ 'cos I was attracted to the idea of collecting swim HR without having to add another chest strap to my collection - the sensor clips to the goggles and collects HR data from the temple. I have a choice; use the OH1+ to collect and store the data for analysis; or connect to my Garmin. If I choose to connect to my Garmin the data is obviously read as I get training effect information. However, the collected data is not displayed. I'd be interested to see the data mainly to see what is collected but also to see if it really does have any bearing on how I feel I am working in the pool.
  • The OH1 also doesn't currently support storing HR data during a swim and then sending it to a Garmin device afterwards like the HRM-Swim/Tri do. I'm hoping Polar will add that feature (it's an open spec so there's no reason they can't if they choose to do so) since I would definitely buy one for swimming if they did.
  • I contacted the support regarding this issue and currently it is not intended that stored HR is added to the timeline. At least it's not a bug ;-)

My suggestion was passed on to the developers... let's see if we might get this feature in the future. It might help if more people contact the support directly since the forums are rarely read by Garmin developers.