This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735XT SW 9.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile.

Change Log 

• CIQ security fix
  • Resolves USB connection issue with 9.60
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Updated earlier this afternoon and has bricked my watch. It will now occasionally restart and power cycle, start and end activities all on it's own and thinks it's yesterday. Hard restarts and plugging it in to the computer have had less than zero effect. Thanks for the final push into getting an Apple watch.

• why do I only see Software Version 7.40 or older on the official garmin site?

• I previously posted that the s/w 9.7 fixed the USB-crash issue I saw intro'd with 9.6 s/w and all was OK, but sadly 9.7 just seems to have different issues.  Now I have the much-reported issue of incorrect time AND noticeably-reduced battery life.  These issues were not there before 9.7.  Now, the battery drains much quicker and data is recorded with the wrong time (5hrs older than the local time displayed on the watch).  I was on manual clock-setting - now if I switch it to auto-setting the watch display is also 5hrs out of time!!!  It's clearly not matching what is on my phone where I sync with the GC app.  For God's sake sort this mess out, Garmin.  I had no issues at all before the 9.6 s/w and now it's just a comedy of errors.

• Yeah - I spoke too soon. 9.70 is also garbage, just gives me different issues.  At least with the USB-crash issue I had on 9.60 I could just avoid plugging in to my PC.  Now with 9.7 I have 1. Reduced battery life; 2. Unexplained crash to blank screen during normal use (not logging) and since then there's been no HR trace on the data card in GC (Android version); 3. The much-reported time-offset has suddenly appeared too - now my run today was 5hrs earlier than local time, even though my watch (in manual setting mode) was OK - I set it to auto-set and now the watch is 5hrs out as well.  I have switched back to manual clock-setting so at least it works as a watch, but the other issues can't be just worked around.  SORT THIS JUNK OF A PIECE OF SOFTWARE OUT, GARMIN - or at least admit defeat and roll it back to pre-9.60 software which gave no issues.

• Former Member It has been 3 weeks now. Could you tell us if anything will be done in order to correct these 2 faulty updates?

Personnally my watch is in even worse condition now. It is still difficult to connect and sync in USB with Garmin express. But it is even worse to sync a training plan from garmin connect. The icing on the cake was that i had to completely delete an activity because my data were just flat lines or blank spaces now.

Could you give us some feedback? 

Thanks in advance.

• I agree.  I have been having issues with my distance on Garmin.  I used map my run on my phone while simultaneously tracking my run with garmin.  garmin's 6 miles was equivelant to map my run's 5 miles.  I know garmin is off because i do not run as fast as they are saying I do!

• Wow, I'm not updating even if I never have to use GC again to avoid! Been relatively happy with 9.40, although the GPS started taking longer to get an initial fix recently. After all this, Garmin should throw in some new features only present in newer models in the updated fix.

• Hi just logging on now as ive been having issues too. Did you get a fix?

• I have a different problem since the update. My watch gets up upset if its out of distance of my phone. Any time its away from my phone I now get the "Ready to Pair - Passkey" message then after a while I get the "try again" message. If I cancel the message there's no problem connecting to my phone. 

I can also mimic the behaviour by turning off bluetooth on my phone. I had done a hard reset to try and stop this and initially it seemed to have worked, but now its back again. 

• Yep, Same problem here and even after I get the right time from GPS the time is wrong just moments afterwards. At least I can track my runs, but as a daily watch it is unusable. Problems came out of nowhere and I can't find any fix for it... I use a Garmin 735 xt