This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735XT SW 9.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile.

Change Log 

• CIQ security fix
  • Resolves USB connection issue with 9.60
  • Got to say - so far, so good with 9.70.  Had the same USB-crash issue with 9.60 and date issue but the update seems to have fixed it.  Updated using the mobile app (Android) - since we were instructed not to connect via USB until fixed.  PC recognises it via USB now and Garmin Express sees it too.  Haven't unplugged it yet though as it's charging - hope it doesn't freeze on the charging screen like before.... fingers crossed.

• Hi,

I have installed the update and tried it. It worked fine at first glance then trouble came back in. USB connection problem and watch frozen in charge mode problem are still there when I connect the watch to my computer.

I managed to sync my watch with Garmin Express after a few tries and freezes. But it deleted trainings planned in my calendar and i struggled to put them back on; I had to delete them  from the calendar, put them back and sync the watch several times on Garmin Connect.

Other than that no major issues. Except perhaps sluggish countdowns during training. And i don't event have bluetooth on, just GPS (GPS only, registrating points every second).

• Just to confirm - all seems OK now.  Back to normal like before s/w 9.60 messed it up

• Hi Wimme6,

I experienced the same kind of problem with pace. Since the 9.70 update, I achieved 4 running activities and every time the same problem: my pace was largely higher compared to the reality at the beginning. The difference was about 1 min/km. I'm an experienced runner and such delta can not be unnoticed.

As solution, I always stopped the activity at the beginning and restart to have normal data.

I changed nothing in my use. I always wait to receive full signal GPS before starting my activity...

Does anyone else experienced this ?

Could Garmin provide us a solution ?

• I installed 9.70 and still have the same problems that began with 9.60

You have to switch off the watch 3 to 10 times before PC recognizes it and then hangs after plugging it off like USB connection was already active. It also shows incorrect date/time and GPS fix takes 5 minutes. PLEASE FIX THIS ! 

• I installed 9.70 and still have the same problems that began with 9.60

You have to switch off the watch 3 to 10 times before PC recognizes it and then hangs after plugging it off like USB connection was already active. It also shows incorrect date/time and GPS fix takes 5 minutes. PLEASE FIX THIS ! 

• Thanks for the explanation about the switch off. The user manual says to press on the power button which does not exist. Obviously a poor copy/paste from another manual....

• I updated my forerunner 735 to version 9.70 and my bluetooth connection stopped working. No connection to my iphone neither to my Garmin hrm band.

• I have the same issue, have you found a solution? thanks!

• Hi,

The update got pushed to my watch, but got stuck in updating. after 3 hours, I restarted it, after that it doesn't connect to my mobile app anymore, can't connect to any sensor. 

did a hard reset of all info and connected it via usb, but still no luck.