This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735XT SW 9.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile.

Change Log 

• CIQ security fix
  • Resolves USB connection issue with 9.60
  • After updating to 9.70 my 735XT now periodically restarts multiple times when plugged into the USB with the result being all my activities being erased.  

• I’ve had 9.70 for a few weeks now and initially everything seemed to be okay. For the last two weeks I’ve been aware that my GPS tracks (using GPS + GLONAS with 1s sampling) were becoming increasingly erratic. Have tried a factory default reset and now have issues getting a GPS fix (over 20 minutes outside in a rural location) and a screen with occasional flickering red lines. Have Garmin screwed my device or can I return it to a working OS and trust it again?

• Yes, I cannot get a GPS signal.  I have talked to Garmin Support twice and their suggested fixes have not worked, and if anything have made it worse.  So pissed.

• I'm planning on picking up (within a couple of hours) a 735XT (new).

Are these firmware problems (9.60/9.70) really common or just happening for just a few unlucky users?

My feet are getting cold-ish...

• I would recommend waiting until these issues are fixed. It is not a few unlucky users, it is happening with thousands according to what you can see in these forums or other social networks. When it works it is a good watch but let them solve this first before buying a new one...

• Too late :-) . I was too far gone in my decision process. Went for a run tonight, the 735 on one arm and my old buddy 910 on the other. Totally disappointed with the 735 distance measurement. 100 m shorter than the 910 which showed the same distance that has always shown for that particular trail.  And I am very confident in the 910 which has shown as much consistency as the 410 before it, and the 305 even before that. I have even tried  my watches on several measuring wheel measured distances (both roads and trails).

Some points though before I return it(*). 1) I didn't update. SW was 7.10. Maybe good things happened to the SW up to before 9.60. 2) I used SMART recording (since I've read about, already during the days of the 305, there being no difference at all to the calculations compared to 1 sec - since the Forerunners always sample per 1 sec anyway, even with the SMART setting). I will try again now that I have upgraded anyway to 9.70.

(*) I chose the 735 because it is inexpensive compared to 935/945 yet still has things I want to get accustomed to (the form, the buttons, the different menu system, the live tracking, the GLONASS system + maybe some more) that the 910/410/305 didn't. Then I thought I'd be prepared for the "955" next year.

• OK, my second run restored faith in the distance measuring. The only difference from Monday was that I upgraded from 7.10 to 9.70 (i.e. still GPS+Glonass and SMART rec). Today the 735 measured spot on compared with what the 910 measures on the same run.

I know my sample is laughably small, but at least it will give the 735 some extra life now (hoping also for an updated FW).

Avg HR was 1 beat lower than the 910 with vivo wristband, but it did have some spike. In any case just as long as HR isn't way off it's fine.

I might have some trouble with the bluetooth connection, but I'm not sure whether that's my own fault or the firmware's (or the phone's).

• My time on the watch not synced and it shows about 2 days behind. Any suggestion what i can do

• i have the same problem... my time is 2days late... please share fix for this problem... 

• Make sure your time is set to auto, then go outside and get a GPS fix.