This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

fw 9.60 issues

after fw 9.60 when i con the 735 with garmin express via usb the watch only stay at chagrin mode ! not show on pc or sinc ! when i take the cable off still stay at chagrin mode!

then ony when i force to   shut  down it wake up !

try hard reset the it connect fine for the 1 time ! and then at 2 time have the issue again

• I cant even turn my off. Its stuck on charging screen. Doesnt show up in Garmin Connect. Shows up on my phone but no response.

Only happened since an update this morning. Completely stuck

• Dear all, I have similar problems like you. Also I spotted problems with GPS connection at the start of activity. So probably, there is no possibility to go back to previous vestsion?

• Garmin write how to return to the firmware is 9.40?

• Hold the "light" button for at least 20 seconds. Does this turn the watch off?

• Yes. Before the first activity, it took mine about 15 minutes to catch a signal.

• I dunno if it has already been mentioned, but to add to the issues mentioned the clock seems to be completely off as well.

Right now I just recharged the watch and it reset the clock again to 1315 hrs yesterday. It's been like this since the update. So when I go for a run or a ride, it starts off "yesterday", tracks for a while and after about 10-15 minutes it gets the new and correct time (from the satelites, i suppose?). If I crop the first minutes of the activity in strava all is well, but it really messes things up. And when Iconnect it to the computer again it resets the time back to yesterday.

I also lost all my steps and HR stats for today after charging. The battery indicator went from 100% to 87% from just sitting here in my office chair for about 20 minutes. Really, this new update is a real mess.

Both my phone and my computer is showing the correct time. I'm using an Apple computer and an Android phone.

• Same for me ! Txs for posting this.  Garmin has tofix this as well.

• I did notice something similar. After applying the soft reset, I was just happy with being able to access the FR interface again. What I did not check was the actual time that the clock was set to - that setting did deviate from the actual time bus several hours.

I am located in GMT+1, hence my initial assumption was that the internal clock setting had just gone reverted to UTC. However, this would only have meant a time difference of 2 hours - which was not the case. Per my calculation, the clock settings were off by 6 hrs and 35 mins. Might have been just a freak incident - but this could explain what you have experienced. Anyway, applying a reset every time the FR locks up is ... unfortunate.

• this does not work for me, I turned off the custom watchface, and it still freezes when I plug it into the computer, and remains in the "charging" screen after I unplug it, for too long, I do a hard reset, but that doesn't prevent the problem from happening later.

I think for me the problem started when I installed a new version of Garmin express... but, suffice to say that now I cannot access the USB portion of the watch, and that is a major problem, and nothing happens on my computer when I plug the watch in... 

please fix this error.

• So, I tried turning it off, and plugging it into a different computer (while it was still turned off).  It worked.  Then, I tried the same procedure on my normal computer, and it worked again... whew.....   strange