This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

fw 9.60 issues

after fw 9.60 when i con the 735 with garmin express via usb the watch only stay at chagrin mode ! not show on pc or sinc ! when i take the cable off still stay at chagrin mode!

then ony when i force to   shut  down it wake up !

try hard reset the it connect fine for the 1 time ! and then at 2 time have the issue again

• We are currently investigating the cause of this issue and may be reaching out in this thread for additional information. Thank you all for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

• Hello,

I have performed a factory reset and I have now the original watchface but my watch freezes when connected to the PC USB

• If I turn the watch totally off before connecting it to the USB and only sync to Sporttracks it works just fine. The USB connection wakes the watch up, the PC sees the watch and when disconnected there are no problems.

When Garmin Express is involved it sometimes crashes the watch, sometimes it doesn't. So far, if Garmin Express is running when watch is connected, it crashes the watch. If Garmin Express is started after watch is connected, no crash.

*Edit* Another really strange issue: The watch runs 2-3 minutes late compared to the phone it's connected to. This happenes even after a restart.

• I made some tests and apparently the watch stops running the time when is connected to the pc.

I hope that Garmin fixes this very soon. It makes using the watch very difficult (not to mention the fact that I thought it was a problem of my watch and I reset it loosing all my customization)

• After your reset, does this still occur before installing any Connect IQ items?

• Yes my watch is now completely empty of app and widgets,

After the reset it worked correctly once on a PC without Garmin Connect. My second attempt was on a PC with Garmin connect and it froze. After that I tried again on the PC without Garmin connect but it froze again.  I am ready to do more tests if needed

• you can also make a hard reset on the watch when it is frozen.
    Push and hold the button top/left (light) and bottom/right (back/round) until the display goes back.
    Now you can just push the top/left button to start again or leave it off and connect it to USB/PC and it will connect to garmin express.

Also i have another problem. The activity does not start when pressing the start button. Then i make a restart of the watch to get it working. Problem yesterday and today and i think until a bugfix i released every day again :/

• Same problems. Deeply frustrating. And ideas how long it will take Garmin to resolve this? And how we get the update as I can't currently connect via my PC? 

• +1 on this issue. Locks up on the charging screen and doesn't respond until turned off / on again.

• Same problem here. Never have experienced these issues with the previous firmware version.

The moment I connect the Forerunner to my Mac and charge it, I can't get back to the (default) watchface after ejecting the watch's drive from the computer. The device is still accessible via bluetooth - but none of the buttons seem to work. Soft reset or power-off restores everything back to normal - but you lose your non-synced data.