This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 Series Beta software version 6.36 Beta (activity saving issue)

645 - Download

645 Music - Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy
  • In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at: www.garmin.com/.../privacy-statement
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.36:

• Fix a lockup that could occur when saving an activity.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would error out when trying to sync a music playlist using Wi-Fi
  • Various CIQ improvements.
  • Various stability improvements.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 645M to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip. Click on the Beta folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip and click on the Public folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Disconnect the device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Haven't seen any freezing with the beta firmware so looks like it might be fixed. However I did see the worst gps track ever from the watch at lunchtime today when I was doing a few laps of my local running track. Hopefully this is a once off.

• Thankfully looks like it was a once-off as today's track session is miles better. No freezes yet either so at least for my non-music 645 it's looking good.

• Were you using BT headphones? I get the same when I do.

• Were you using BT headphones? I get the same when I do.

• For those of you with older 645M's I would recommend NOT applying the beta 6.36.  It appears to have zapped the stability of bluetooth.

Example, I'll complete a run, the watch will sync with Garmin Connect, but no activity is reported.  Rebooting both devices (iPhone & 645) does nothing.  I've deleted the 645 from GC and added it back to no avail.  Later in the day, the activity will magically appear.  

In short, it's too buggy, don't bother with the BETA.   

• How old is 'older'?  I got mine during May and could see from the OEM installed FW that the watch is probably a 2018 model.   So far no issues with BT on the new beta, in fact I think it might even be marginally quicker to sync.  Overall happy with the Beta except for the blue triangle 'delay' happening occasionally between 'STOP' and 'SAVE'.

• I do not believe this is specific to this Garmin 645M beta firmware. I’ve been having this issue for the last few weeks and am on the latest official public firmware rather than the beta. 

I typically just disconnect watch from phone and sync via Wi-Fi after I do an activity. 

i am on an iPhone 11 Pro running public beta iOS and latest Garmin Connect iOS. 

• Funny, since I reverted back to 6.20 from 6.36 (and completed a full reset of my watch) 5 days ago I haven't had a single freeze. The watch have so far worked perfect.. 

• Strange how different watches behave, my 645 hasn't had a single freeze since I installed the beta & no other problems either. In fact I emailed Garmin about my support case this morning to let them know the beta release looks to have fixed it for me & to point out that the first suggest to replace the watch was a total waste of time (mine & theirs)!

• The ``freeze after saved activity´´-issue dissapeard for me with the 6.36 beta as well. The reason I reverted back to 6.20 was because I got a new (worse) issue with the 6.36 that frooze my watch during runs and also removed my Power datafields. I guess this issue only is a problem for us that uses power meters, though.