This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• Me too as well.  Had this 645 watch for over a year now, upgraded to 6.2 and my first run after the upgrade the watch face froze solid.  Was still able to get my workout transferred to my phone in the frozen state via BT but I had to do the soft reset procedure to get it to work again.  This has never happened to me before in the past year.

My previous running watch was a TomTom, I gave up on that and bought this Garmin because TomTom firmware releases were getting worse and worse and it seemed they basically lost control and could not fix the bugs they introduced...I hope Garmin is not going down the same path.

In retrospect I should have rejected the 6.2 install since the watch was working fine before it.   Wish I could go back.

• Same here. Since 6.20 my device freeze after finishing a workout. Also noticed an extreme battery drain. 

• Same here. Since 6.20 my device freezes after finishing a workout when returning to watch-face. I did also noticed higher battery drain. If you can't bring stability to devices and do testruns on your labs dont break the actual working software for godsake, not gonna watch this malfulctioning for long time and turn my back to this expensive trash. Fix it!

• Count me in too! 

After my run today, my Garmin 645 (non music), which Ive been using for more than a year, froze. Just before my run I notice it updated to 6.20.

Garmin please fix this issue! 

• I run a few times with 6.20 with no issues.

This morning my 645 has frozen right after saving the activity. I opened the Connect app on iOS and it was syncing the activity to the phone. Thaw watch was working on background, just the UI froze.

• For me also, 6.20 causes occasional freezes after activity.

I have now disabled WiFi sync completely, and so far that seems to have helped.

• Makes zero difference to my watch as I've never had it enabled. Did a warm up before a half-marathon yesterday & the watch froze after I finished. Holding in the power button got it back to life & then after finishing the race, it behaved normally so very intermittent. 

• Forerunner 645. Four Run Activities with 6.2 software, three times it has frozen.
    May freeze when you save the activity or select 'Resume Later'. When freeze on 'Resume Later', you lost GPS as well.
    Garmin should reproduce the issue easily.

• Maybe it’s not related, but yesterday when crashed was the first time I forgot to run with my chest strap on.