This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• More feedback FWIW :  Did a ~2h30 ride, stopped with 'resume later' option.  Resumed activity and saved after another ~2h10.  Didn't hang on save.  Save went though fine and watch did not freeze on clock face afterwards.  (Non-Music)

• Same here.

- Watch was hard reset after update

- Fit files were deleted manually

Freezes after returning to watch face from activity, music keeps playing. Have to keep light button for 20 seconds to reset.

• 645 noM FW 6.20 freezes after saving a run when I switch back to the clock. no buttons work, only press and hold the light button for 15 seconds turns the watch off. after turn on the time is wrong (7 minutes back) and searching for gps takes 10-15 minutes.

this behavior starts with FW 5.X, FW 4.20 doesn't have problems like that.

when will there be a working FW?

• Someone posted to turn wifi off. So I turned it off today and no freezes when saving the run. But it took awhile for the gps to kick in. 

• I turned off wifi and bluetooth, deleted all fit files and did a  hardreset after installing 6.20 and freezing happend again like in FW 5.X

• Same situation here. 

Garmin 645 Music bought a week ago. No music on device. 2 watchfaces, 2 data fields, some widget. 

This morning after finish workout at 5.42 the device freeze. The battery was 40%

I realize that on 6.20 and turn off. Not possible to turn on because the battery was 0%. Drained 1% for minute during freeze state. 

Please solve it. Not very happy have this issue with a new device. (an expensive device). 

• Same here. New device, freeezes after save. I've been late to 2 appointments because my watch is frozen in time and I think I've got plenty of time to spare.

• Same here. After 6.20, I delete all fit files and dosent work. Can someone fix it please!

Paulo Praça

• My watch was upgraded to FW 6.2 earlier this week, and this morning it froze on the watchface. Had to press the light button a long time to restart it. This was the first time this happened after more than a year of usage. I hope Garmin did not screw this up, because on my previous watch, a VA HR, firmware updates after the first year made the watch worse and worse.

• "Me too".

Just so that garmin support/R&D can be aware that this is a widespread problem.

After updating to 6.20, after finishing an activity, the watch freezes and won't sync properly or do anything properly until it is powercycled ("soft reset", I think).

I have not yet tried hard resetting. I haven't had the time to go through the process, recover all my settings, and deal with any fallout.

Update: I deleted all .fit activities, soft reset, saw that despite deleting all .fit activities the watch menus knew about  a few more activities, I then deleted them through the watch menus, soft reset again, and so far so good. Only a sample size of two though. We'll see.