This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing european maps

I've bought the Garmin Edge Explore on amazon.de. The description states that it includes the full European maps, but only the following maps are available on the device:

• INTL standard basemape, NR
  • Garming Cycle map EU, North East
  • Garmin DEM MAP EU
  • Garmin geocode map EU

So, maps from Belgium, France, The Netherlands are missing. For those countries, only the major roads are displayed.

Is this normal for the European version of this device? How can I can the maps for those countries?

• Where are you guys with this issue ?  Have Garmin given you a fix? I have the same problem - I only have Base Maps and looking at the files on my Mac I do not have the D6017020B.img file.  Have you contacted Garmin about it?  I was speaking with them today and they just got me to do a re-install which hasn't worked.......not impressed..

• I run the same version on my macbook 6.16.0.0

• Hi try installing the maps from a windows pc, that did the trick for me

• The changelog for the Windows version 6.7.0 of Garmin Express contains the following:

"For downloadable content, such as our Cycle Maps, not all the necessary files were being delivered."

Interestingly enough, the changelog for the mac version of Garmin Express does not mention that fix. So either the mac version was not affected by this issue and what you're experiencing is another issue with similar symptoms, or Garmin forgot to fix it in the mac version.

• Same issue on the Garmind Edge 530.

I updated the map by use of the macbook version of Garmin express - Lost the full coverage of Europe. Only one Cycle map: "EU, North East"

Switched over to a windows computer with the latest garmin express and run the update again.

The coverage was recovered, the Cycle map EU has been split in two files now: "EU, North East" and "EU, South West" 

• I have the exact same problem you describe. Can you share a copy of the 2017 file ? PS: none of the solutions recommended by the help desk worked: edge reset, reset to factory settings, removing all files > 1 Gb and reinstalling the map update)

• Have you read the rest of the discussion? The issue is not with the edge device, but with mac version of garmin express which cannot handle latest cycle maps properly. The only solution for the moment seems to be using the latest windows version of garmin express.

A shared copy of a map file won't work probably, because they are device-locked, not to mention that this way you'd have a 2-years old map.

• My Garmin Edge 530 just experienced same problem. I did a reset and am now left with just

• INTL standard basemape, NR
    • Garming Cycle map EU, North East
    • Garmin DEM MAP EU

Re-installing maps via Garmin Express on a Mac makes no difference. I don't have access to a Windows computer.

Can anyone suggest a workaround?

• I'm afraid the only workaround is using a windows pc

• Same issue here. Map almost totally empty after the update on my Edge 530. So disappointed by Garmin. They should reach all of us to apologize.