This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 820 touchscreen misaligned and inverted after 12.70 update

After updating to version 12.70, the screen started to behave erratically, even after a factory reset. After some tests I found that the screen is shifted down and to the left, in addition to being mirrored vertically.

I tried all possible procedures on the internet, including several resets. The strangest thing is that the unit no longer recognizes the GUPDATE.GCD file, which prevents me from doing a version downgrade. I've tried deleting all the files, changing the GarminDevice.xml, but it seems the ROM rebuilds everything every boot.

During the update to version 12.70, I saw on the screen that some touchscreen related files were updated. Before the update, the device worked normally.

I don't know what else to do, given that the unit is stuck in the language setting screen, and I can't click the OK button. I even tried connecting a mouse and keyboard to usb with an adapter, but to no avail (desperate attempt, zero chance of success).

My last few attempts have been around looking for some service software that would allow changing settings or writing firmware manually. The service menu (accessed when turning on the device with the "Start/Stop" button pressed) shows several things, but does not allow you to do anything.