For quite some time (I can't even remember when it started) I have the problem that the navigation of my Garmin Edge820 stops working after some time.
Sometimes it is after 10 min, sometimes after 1 hour ... it is undefinable.
The 820 then show a quite random navigation instruction on top of the map which does not change any more for a long time.
This can last, again for an undefinable time, after which, sometimes, navigation resumes and starts working again, or it never resumes.
What I see is a random instruction on top of the map, no white arrow indicating turns any more on the map itself and no more beeping sound when a turn approaches.
The route itself is indicated correctly on the map, so it is possible to follow the route but without any navigation instructions. This is annoying, especially while mountainbiking.
Another strange thing is that, while navigation instructions are not working, and taking a wrong turn, the edge820 warns me being off course, gives me navigation instructions to get back to the course and once on the course, the wrong navigation instructions is displayed again and navigation stops giving instructions :-(
I have this with all kinds of routes: gpx from Strava, from Komoot, from other sources but also with routes created on the device itself by making a route of a previous ride.
What I have tried:
- upgrades, downgrades (e.g. when suffering from the 12.60 upgrade navigation problem)
- removing all courses and importing them again
- removing profiles and importing them again
- when the navigation fails, stopping the navigation, rebooting the Edge820, load the route again and exactly the same wrong instruction appears again, navigation still not working
- ... and offcourse sending a mail to Garmin support with no result yet
Anyone any suggestions ?
Could I have the wrong or too many maps active? I have only standard Garmin maps on the device:
- INTL Standard Basemap, NR
- Garmin Cycle Map EU, North East, 2020.10
- Garmin DEM Map EU 2017.20
- Garmin Geocode Map EU 2020.10
- Garmin Cycle Map EU, South West, 2020.10
Thanks in advance for any help !