This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt Fit file

My son did his first road race ever yesterday and was using an Edge 820. I believe that his 820 crashed right after the race and as a result his .fit file seems to be corrupt. Is there anyone that can repair it for me?

I probably wouldn't care so much about this if this wasn't his first race ever.

On a side note, his 820 seems to be crashing a lot so I suppose I'll be calling Garmin support.
  • My son did his first road race ever yesterday and was using an Edge 820. I believe that his 820 crashed right after the race and as a result his .fit file seems to be corrupt. Is there anyone that can repair it for me?

I probably wouldn't care so much about this if this wasn't his first race ever.

On a side note, his 820 seems to be crashing a lot so I suppose I'll be calling Garmin support.

I bought a tool and I was able to fix the corrupt file
  • I also have one training from last Sunday that is corrupt. It's pretty annoying that Garmin software just says "One file is corrupted. You should remove it." Like I want to remove it, why don't you just fix it when you know it's corrupted?! Stupid Garmin. Your fault to begin with... :).

What software did you buy?
  • Hi Msuomal,

Attached your corrupt .fit file in a reply to this post and I will see if I am able to repair it for you.

cheers
    Mike
  • Cool! Here's the file. This is the first time I've ever had a corrupted Garmin file so seems a bit like an overkill for everyone to get a repair tool, so thank you, kiwimtnbkr!
  • Hi Msuomal,

I think part of the reason you had an issue with this file was because your battery went flat on you. You started with 57% charge and then just under 3hrs later spent 30mins on 0% charge.

Anyway - give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike
  • Can we remove this as a sticky?
  • Thank you, the fixed file worked. I finished the ride at home and did already tap "save" then recovery time and I was in the summary screen when the device froze (battery run out). I thought it would have finished the file already in that screen but obviously it hadn't and something was missing.
  • Can we remove this as a sticky?

lets NOT remove this as a sticky - it allows those of us who assist with fixing corrupt .fit files an easy place to find the requests, and it saves cluttering up the forums with random requests for assistance scattered all over the place.
  • lets NOT remove this as a sticky - it allows those of us who assist with fixing corrupt .fit files an easy place to find the requests, and it saves cluttering up the forums with random requests for assistance scattered all over the place.

Ok - fair point.
    Nick
  • Corrupt Fit File

Hi Msuomal,

I think part of the reason you had an issue with this file was because your battery went flat on you. You started with 57% charge and then just under 3hrs later spent 30mins on 0% charge.

Anyway - give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike

I don't suppose anyone is willing to have a go at repairing this file,

I'm on my third 820, every time I use navigation or courses the damn thing crashes after a ride and have to do a hard reset to get it to work again, this is the first time it's corrupted a file though, thanks in advance