This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt Fit file

My son did his first road race ever yesterday and was using an Edge 820. I believe that his 820 crashed right after the race and as a result his .fit file seems to be corrupt. Is there anyone that can repair it for me?

I probably wouldn't care so much about this if this wasn't his first race ever.

On a side note, his 820 seems to be crashing a lot so I suppose I'll be calling Garmin support.
  • Hi Mark,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike
  • london playground

Hi Mark,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike

Thanks mike...greatly appreciated....works a treat :D
  • Lost ride...

Hello.
    I'm hoping maybe there is someone with the knowledge to help me as well.
    My garmin promted me for a software update just as I had finished a short race, and somehow threw away the activity record.
    I managed to pull the corrupt .fit file, but I can't use it.
    Do you think it can be fixed?
    Thanks in advance for looking at it :-)
    I can't attach the file for some reason, keeps saying "upload failed"
  • Another corrupt file.

Was wondering if there is a helpful soul out there willing to give my file a go as well?
    It would be much appreciated.
    /Mads.
  • Hi Mads,

FFRT can't open the file so I would hazard a guess that it's totally corrupt and nothing can be done to recover the data.

cheers
    Mike
  • Hi Mads,

FFRT can't open the file so I would hazard a guess that it's totally corrupt and nothing can be done to recover the data.

cheers
    Mike

Thanks for trying.
    I tried it with the trial version, and that was able to open the file.
    So I was hoping that was the way to go, but alas... No luck
    Thanks anyway though.
    Mads
  • hi Mads,

interesting that you were able to get it to open with the trial version of FFRT - might be time for me to drop a line to the developer and see if we can't work out what is happening.

cheers
    Mike
  • hi Mads,

interesting that you were able to get it to open with the trial version of FFRT - might be time for me to drop a line to the developer and see if we can't work out what is happening.

cheers
    Mike

Hi Mike.
    Maybe :-)
    I was thinking you might have an out dated version of the software.
    Anyway, I bought the license my self, and was able to get everything but the last few hundred meters back.
    So I'm certainly a happy camper now.
    Uploads doesn't work for me right now, but if you want to try it with the repaired file and your ffrt, I'll give a whirl later :-)
  • Totals.fit problems.

I seem to be unable to make it work.
    It's looks like the unit overwrites my new totals.fit every time I upload it.
    Any suggestions?
  • hi Mads,

Thanks for that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled FFRT and now it seems to be working as it should. Mental note to self to occasionally download the updates manually and then install them!

I was able to upload the file to Strava without any issues but Garmin Connect thru up an error - happens on a regular basis whenever something in the background of GC is changed, Mathias gets it resolved pretty quickly normally.

cheers
    Mike